It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Iraqi Forces Capture Key Al-Zarqawi Aide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Iraqi interim government announced earlier today that they have captured an influential aide of Jordanian militant Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi. Talib Mihlif Ersan Valman Al-Duleymi, was caught in a town north of capital Baghdad on February 20. Talib Mihlif Ersan Valman Al-Duleymi was in charge of organizing Zarqawi's meeting schedules with the terrorist leaders as well as transportation, money and package transfers.

Story.News.Yahoo.com

Iraqi forces captured a key aide to Jordanian-born terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who leads an insurgency affiliated with Osama bin Laden al-Qaida network, the government said Friday.

The man, identified as Talib Mikhlif Arsan Walman al-Dulaymi, also known as Abu Qutaybah, was captured during a Feb. 20 raid in Anah, about 160 miles northwest of Baghdad, a government announcement said.

"Abu Qutaybah was responsible for determining who, when and how terrorist network leaders would meet with al-Zarqawi," the government said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just think of what this man knows, since he was responsible for organizing all the key issues, who, when, how and I assume where. This could be one of the, if not the most important individual captured to date.

I hope they can get some real good intel from him, perhaps his capture could lead to Al-Zarqawi, only time will tell but we can hope.

[edit on 2/25/2005 by shots]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Iraqi officials: Al-Zarqawi aide held

The man identified as Talib Mikhlif Arsan Walman al-Dulaymi, and also known as Abu Qutayba, was captured in Ana, 260km northwest of Baghdad, on 20 February, a government announcement said on Friday.

english.aljazeera

apparently the new iraqi police is very efficent in their hunt for al-zarkawi.
closer every time.
first they missed him by few hours,
but now they have his aide,
and im sure they can squeeze some info out of him.

the message to mister al-zarkawi:
next time mister you are next.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com

Shots, I think you have a space befor the final bracket......[/url ]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
the message to mister al-zarkawi:
next time mister you are next.

Souljah, you are one of the last people that I would have expected to say this.

This man is certain to have a wealth of valuable knowledge. Hopefully the Iraqis can extract it from him.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's always a "key Al zarqawi aide"

I get tired of the key's give me the damn master key already.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
NBC Nightly news carried a segment that credited some of the recent captures to Iraqi civilians. You can read the transript here

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In part it reads

Every few hours on state television alleged insurgents confess in gripping detail.

One man said he stalked ten college girls who were translators for the U.S. army, then raped and murdered them. Another said he beheaded ten people after first practicing on animals.

More than twenty confessions have aired this week. Many said they had ties to Syrian intelligence. U.S. officials have not been able to verify those claims.

The program's goals are to convince people the security forces are defeating insurgents, and lift the police's own moral. Police wanted to televise the confessions to inspire people to give tips, but they've had the unexpected effect of turning public opinion here against Syria.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Dont think that this brings any one any closer to getting Al-Zarqawi. Many close to him have been caught but never him. It would be nice and I hope they get the info they need. But this is the same old story we have heard before.

top topics

join