It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would beloved comedians think of today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My wife and I watched a few comedy videos tonight focusing mostly on George Carlin and Robin Williams.
Mr. Williams moved my wife to tears over one video, due to his masterful storytelling, and the fact she is pregnant.

I wonder, what the best comedians would say about the state of the country today.

I wish I had more to say. . .

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Does Mark Twain count?

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

― Mark Twain

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Not a comedian but a humorist. Sad days when the sharpest minds no longer are listened to.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I think Carlin would say this today.

Rules. Am I right?

We are told what we can watch.

What we can hear.

What we can ingest.

How we can feel.

Basically, how we can live.

And that is just the rules we make up for ourselves,
which we always seem to argue about.

Don't get me started on the rules the universe puts

on us.

With my passing I say good bye to all the rules.

The rules that have entrapped us all.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Carlin has said it, and in pretty language too, except he curses.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Actually, Carlin had his finger on the pulse of what is wrong with government long before it really became more openly talked about. Deep State, Big Government trying to control everything we do and say, censorship, the works. He hit on it. It really surprised me when I watched some of his old shows a couple months ago. I think he'd say the same things, just be more fed up with how much farther we've fallen from his hey-day.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Actually, Carlin had his finger on the pulse of what is wrong with government long before it really became more openly talked about. Deep State, Big Government trying to control everything we do and say, censorship, the works. He hit on it. It really surprised me when I watched some of his old shows a couple months ago. I think he'd say the same things, just be more fed up with how much farther we've fallen from his hey-day.

I think he would have such a language fest it would be a constant beep for the the whole time he spoke. In thinking of today

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My Brother was a National Headliner.

I owned a Comedy Club.

I personally know hundreds of comics.

I met Robin many times. He called me “Little Bro”.

Honestly, I don’t know why we would care what a comic thinks.

They are mental midgets and you can bet...They’re Liberal.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
My Brother was a National Headliner.

I owned a Comedy Club.

I personally know hundreds of comics.

I met Robin many times. He called me “Little Bro”.

Honestly, I don’t know why we would care what a comic thinks.

They are mental midgets and you can bet...They’re Liberal.

National celebrities change the world.
The fact you do not understand this is why you are an ex-pat rather than a billionaire.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe someone like Andy Coffman or Robin Williams would EVER do an ENTIRE routine based ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on a single political figure. Even President Trump.

They’re just not that pathetic.

But yet, today, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. You know what ‘comedians’ are rolling out. To mindless liberal applause.

Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

There are a number of brilliant comics today and they speak out constantly on social and political issues. i won't make a list because the right already has them on a list of unfunny leftists.

And sadly, conservative comics are treated the same way by liberals. On a past CC Roast of i forget who, Ann Coulter was one of the roasters. When she was the butt of a number of jokes, the liberal audience laughed , but when she stood up to roast, her conservative oriented jokes went straight over their heads and they took offense.
just like conservatives do when liberals aim humor at them.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

what the best comedians would say about the state of the country today.

Bill Cosby doesn't like it at all!

edit on 11-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Unfortunately, as much as I love George Carlin, I think the left would eat him alive today. Many of them I'm sure love/loved Carlin's comical style, especially because he rips on many things such as greed, government, religion, etc.......but he also ripped on the idea that we have to worry about peoples feelings. In fact, I can't talk about George Carlin and feelings without hearing his sarcastic tone when saying the word.

I would love to hear what he would have to say about our world today, but I get the feeling most people would want him demonized, if not worse. Imagine people trying to ruin his life on social media, more-so than religious people tried back during his reign of humor. It would be more sad than comical.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
its a shame that george carlin canoot come back to comment on the state of politics because he would blast everybody. trump,obama,bush,clinton, every single person in broward county florida

top topics

join