It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uluru ban helps red centre rank as Lonely Planet's fourth-best region in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It is the first time the red centre has made Lonely Planet's top 10 regions list, placing fourth in its upcoming book behind places in Italy, the United States and Peru.

The Territory may even be a dual winner this time, with the number two spot on the top 10 cities list going to China's Shenzhen, which runs direct flights to Darwin.

The last time the NT was named on a 'Best in Travel' list was in 2012, when Darwin was ranked 10th in the cities list.

abc.net.au

tbh, I don't really agree that Uluru could even come close to being the forth best region in the world to visit... After all, it is just a giant rock in the middle of the desert.

Still though, it is a pretty amazing sight to witness... You can literally see it from nearly 100 kms away when driving there, since its just this massive red rock in the middle of this flat land before time type of primitive desert landscape.

What I really find interesting about this article though, is the ban on climbing the rock and how this geologist has filed a claim to the human rights commission, claiming racial discrimination... Since the Aboriginals will still be allowed to climb the rock, but us white fellas will be prohibited.

IDK, I'm kinda torn... I didn't personally climb it when I visited, out of respect for the traditional owners... But I was going though a hardcore hippy trip at the time.

tbh though, it did seem like a whole lot of fun to climb.

So, is it racial discrimination to deprive us poor white people from climbing the rock? Or is it just genuine social justice for the traditional owners to deprive us white folk of the right to climb the rock?

edit on 23-10-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The fact that there is even a big debate over "who can climb a rock" based on race is perfect evidence of just how insane our society has become. Thank you for posting this.

I have the perfect solution... we can truck in tons and tons of TNT and just blow that stupid rock to bits. Then we can all be happy that there is no rock anymore. The ghost of King Solomon told me to say that.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Australian aboriginals are severely racist but because they are a minority they get preferential treatment across every part of society as a whole

They can have their rock, means absolutely nothing to me

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It's not only white people the aboriginals don't want climbing Uluru. It's a sacred site and they don't want anybody climbing it irrespective of race. In their culture, many places are off limits or "taboo" and can only be accessed by certain people who have been initiated or some are only "mens business" of "woman's business" and some only accessible by elders. Some places are not to be entered by anyone under any circumstances. These traditions are countless thousands of years old.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I climbed Uluru back in 87. It's dangerous going up and even more so coming back down due to the steepness and the surface gets very hot to touch of course. People shouldn't climb Uluru...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It doesn’t belong to any individual, sacred beliefs or not.

Sick of apologizing to these cucks, # happened get over it.

Should the Germans all apologise every year for Nazis?

Most Aussies, including Abbos have probably not even been there.

new topics

top topics

join