It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Rather just hang out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've told many stories here, all of them true (even the funny ones). The written word is just magical.

I've done many things, much of them outdoors and all of them memorable. From hunting and fishing, and horseback adventures, yeah, I've done a lot. i'm really not bragging as much as just sharing. After all, we only live once, and I've tried to live to the 'edge' in much of my life, I know.

Last year I was out pheasant hunting in Kansas with a bunch of my buddies. I love upland hunting, even though my beloved hunting dog was retired (and now departed), but it didn't matter.

One morning we got up, and it was a nice morning; all my buddies were raring to go. Me, not so much. My bud asked me why I didn't really want to go out (he thought it was because of my dog). "You see, I'm just content to stay here, in camp, I don't really care if I go hunting really. I come here for you all, for the friendship and the peace." Of course they laughed. What a "wuss'.

But, I've taken every game animal in North America really; Elk, Moose, many Deer, Antelope by the dozens, Ducks, Geese, Pheasants, Chuckers, Quail, Doves, and even Bear. I've fished some of the biggest fish rivers known to man, been to Alaska, caught Salmon, caught golden Trout in the Rockies, and Brookies in Wyoming. In fact, in college, my roommate and I lived off wild game for two years straight, never bought store meat even once.

I don't need a rack on the wall, I already have all those. I'd rather take a cow elk / moose. My freezers are stuffed with all manner of game.

No, I'd just rather stay here in camp and enjoy the nice day. Maybe I'll make supper for you all. You can call me a "Dork", but I'm far from that.

No, I'd just like to stay here and hang out. It's peaceful, and that's why I really came here.

Maybe I'll write a little bit, maybe I'll take a nap for a while. Maybe I'll just enjoy the birds and the song dogs (coyotes) singing a tune.

No, I'd rather just hang out...if you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
You're a better person than me, and friend.

I don't care how long I have known you I am not leaving civilization to go camping anywhere anyhow no way no thanks. I might leave the residence to go to a friends house, but beyond that I am way too fking lazy for anything else.

Don't give 2 S***s about hunting or guns.

Im 32 btw

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well said and I agree 100%. Some times it's just great to hang out in nature and enjoy. Some of my best times in China were on the top of mountains far away from the city and hordes of people here.

The wife and I have hiked to the top of 3 of the famous mountains of China - Tai Shan, Emei Shan (my favorite) and Huang Shan (legendary sky ocean location) and each time it was magnificent, serene and peaceful.

Back in AZ all my most memorable times were away from cities, out near small towns in the wilderness like Mormon Lake, Stoneman Lake, some spots around Payson, and Williams which is my favorite town in AZ.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've gotten to that point myself, I just want to live the rest of my life in peace. I've been to hell, through it and right back up while they were clawing to bring me back down.

You know what I want out of life ? Some peace of mind, a simple existence where I'm not bothered by people and I dont bother them. In todays world, that's too much to ask, but I've gotten pretty close to it where I am now in my life.

It's often those of us who have the most stories to tell, who often sit in the corner with nothing to say.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2018 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In Afrikaans: Hardekole.
Literally it means "hard coals", but it refers to brothers sitting under a bush-veld moon.

top topics

join