It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifting timelines/universes in real time... A strange experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So, I was sure where to post this and thought the Metaphysical forum might be best. I havent posted on ATS in almost a decade, but due to an occurrence a few weeks back... I thought this would be the only place to get help and input. I spent the better part of an hour Googling what happened and I couldnt find a clear or concise explanation.

Before I begin, I would like to preface all of this with, I have a photographic memory for places I drive to. Ive lived in Las Vegas, NV all of my life (almost 37 years) and I know ALL of the routes I take like the back of my hand! With that said, on with the story...

About 3 weeks ago, I was driving back across town to my day job from one of my manufacturers who produces parts for my product line. As I was heading back to work, I decided to stop off a grab food. I took the 95 exit leading to Galleria drive. As I was pulling up to the right hand turn lane to exit at the top of the overpass, some of the parts in my front seat shifted and I looked down to make sure nothing fell into the floor boards. I tidied them all back up in the seat, looked back up again and started driving. Well, when I got down to the next stop light (maybe a 1/8th of a mile away from the exit), I realized that I was exactly one exit back from where I had gotten off! I was off Russell Rd. It took me a good minute to really wrap my brain around where the hell I was!

Now, Ive gone over this in my head many MANY times. I know for a fact that I got off on the Galleria exit. I know I drove past the Russel Rd exit. I know for a fact I drove under the Stephanie overpass. I know for a fact that I passed the old industrial complex where my screen printing shop use to be (which is directly after the Stephanie overpass) and I know for a fact that I was heading up the Galleria exit hill to turn right! How I wound up on Russell road after turning right is beyond me!

The little bit of information I could find about this type of occurrence was that I shifted timelines/realities. I am a firm believer in alternate timelines/realities and that we shift between at key points based upon decisions or actions in certain situations. I know that the fabric of time between timelines/realities is very thin and can be torn... However, what I cannot explain is jumping between timelines without doing ANYTHING. I looked down, looked back up and I was exactly one exit from the freeway back. A few places I read online mentioned looking for things that are different. While I havent been able to notice them outright, I have noticed that a few people in my life are acting very differently than they were before that day. My junior designers attitude and outlook on life was VERY different (it was like a complete 180). I noticed that one of my best friends is a little more "snarky" than usual (Ive known him for roughly 5 years and we see each other everyday) and he has a different level of calm about him now in a lot of instances (its hard to describe). Nothing in my immediate life was different. Nothing changed at home, nothing changed in the realm of my computer or artwork or music (outside of one song that changed a year ago, but hasnt changed since).

Point of this thread is... does anyone have any insight on WAKING or UNAFFECTEDLY changing timelines/realities? Has anyone here experienced anything like Ive mentioned. I know Ive changed timelines quite a few times in the past based upon decisions, but Ive never changed timelines so drastically where I wind up somewhere else!

I know this sounds like "skunkworks" or "grey area" material, but I assure you... I wouldnt be posting about it if it were. Ive only talked to MAYBE two people in my life about this and they both thought it was a bit silly. However, due to having a photographic memory for places Ive gone and that I drive to and from all of the time, this is not a simple occurrence of getting off at the wrong exit.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I’ve had a similar experience. I’ve lived in the same location (three houses, but the same location within a few blocks) for 32 years. I worked for the same employer for 27 years. I'm retired now so that explains the difference. For all those years I took the same route home. There’s really no other choice for part of this drive. There’s only one way to negotiate this area that doesn’t involve a slow, complex drive.

I know the intersections along this drive by heart. I went to a dentist and a doctor along one of these intersections. My grocery store is on another. McDonald’s is down the road a block from another and the Standard station I usually go to is on the corner of the fourth. There are any number of small stores and restaurants in strip malls along this route. Some I have been to many times. One restaurant along here is the only one in town that serves breakfast. If you allow for a five day work week and subtract vacation days, I must have traveled on this very road over 7,000 times each way, 14,000 times total. The math checks out pretty closely.

One day I was intending to stop at a bird seed store that is located opposite the grocery store. I got off the freeway and got in the correct right lane for the eventual turn to “Wild Bird.” My wife was with me and after I made the turn she said, “Why did you do that?” Here I was at my old dentist’s office. The correct turn was a mile further up. Was this a result of a time warp or dimension change?

Of course not. I just screwed up. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

edit on 10/17/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You're getting old

I've jumped timelines.....I've posted twenty times....I was killed at 1 am......DFW airport 1978 Branniff International gate 21 that one on the north....on the ramp ....hit while my head was in the back baggage car of 6 hooked to my tug

A tug is real heavy......hit by a 747 loader driven by a mechanic that wasn't supposed to be on the inside road......Right before the hurting part....It happened.....lucky for me.....the tug and all 6 baggage cars were piled up against a pylon for the jetway....40 feet down the way there....definite timeline in my face slip!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hey, we can do this all day!

I was in my brand new 1978 Datsun B-210 GX at the top of the freeway entrance. I saw a pickup truck go by with insulation in the back, the Pink Panther grinning from each roll. I got on the freeway and accelerated to 60 mph. Ahead of me there was some disturbance, but I couldn't quite make it out. Seems a roll of that insulation had dropped off the truck and a big Cadillac had run over it and high-centered to the point he was completely stopped with his wheels off the road. Closing speed was extremely fast. I reacted and threw the car into a slide so that the fin of the Caddy was headed for my driver's door. At the last second I managed to get my car to go around the Cadillac to his right and my car on the shoulder. I screamed past the Cadillac and straightened out into my lane and kept going as if nothing had happened. The whole thing might have taken two seconds total.

Of course what really happened was that I was killed in that crash and entered a new timeline. That makes more sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Naw....no impact

I gave no details...but I could fill volumes as the last twenty times over 8 years

The image burned into my retinas......for too long, and that was so peaceful that 4 seconds with the image of pretty rivets and curved sheetmetal.......so peaceful

edit on 17-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: schuyler

Naw....no impact

There was in the 'other' timeline, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No wonder we hadn't heard from you in a Decade.....

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dorkidori_s13

so - you " jumped timelines " - and all you got was a crappy alternate road layout ?

damm - that sucks

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

When I was a small child I would stare at the large mirror in my room and imagine there was a whole universe in there. If I could just get in there to it, I thought, I could create all kinds of mischief on the other side, then escape back to my world with no one being the wiser. That would be such big fun! Then one day I thought, there must be a "me" living in that mirror world who would be blamed for my mischief. Maybe he might even be able to escape into my world and do the same and I would be blamed. Maybe the mischief wasn't such as good idea after all...

If you are switching timelines or universes, then wouldn't there have to have been a "you" living in that universe up to that point? So then where did he go? Or were there two of you for some short time?

Could someone please tell me how to switch timelines or universes? I don't want just the little deja vu thing, I want to be like Worf on that Star Trek episode where he wakes up and finds out he has been married to Diana Troy (the hottest smartest sweetest babe on the ship) for some time. I want it to be all new and different like that. Please??? There must be someone who can tell me how to do this.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
No wonder we hadn't heard from you in a Decade.....

i really dont participate in ATS forums... no reason to. i just like reading certain threads... buuuut it seems the bulk of this forum any more is political babbling which is something i have zero interest in!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Whoosh!!!...........

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dorkidori_s13
So, I was not sure where to post this and thought the Metaphysical forum might be best.

You probably thought wrong since these days it's mostly skeptics , debunkers and scientifics (as I like to call them) that hang around here.

I have had such experiences and they are interesting and confirm the limitless possibilities that we are faced with but , sadly, we are encouraged to dismiss such experiences and treat them as just the sign of getting old or a case of being distracted and losing tract of time.

Interestingly, I often wonder where I have been when my consciousness suddenly return to me driving the car in the fastest lane of a busy highway.

I think that it is both a time shift and a consciousness shift. It s also worth considering this in relation to the Doppelganger phenomenon . Mind you nowadays you will only read psychological c##p about doppelgangers not proper investigations.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps it will help someone.
Has ticked interesting thoughts here.

Some are so sure about the solidity of this apparent reality, but when such experiences/stories, are taken into consideration, many of us have some type of resonating experience.
No sharp memories of such here, but some vague, dreamy, odd "maybe-memories".

Perhaps these 'sensations' of changing timelines/realities, can't be consciously brought-on, but just occur, somehow beyond our consciousness.

This whole whatever life/experience/sense of being, is crazy-weird!
Please don't let any of it upset you.
Beautiful peace may also be present.

new topics

top topics

join