It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heidi Heitkamp: Hey, Sorry For Releasing Names Of Sexual Assault Survivors Without Their Permission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My bf is from N. Dakota. This is super big news up there. He and his family were all Dems until the DNC came in about 15 years ago and started pulling the strings (the state is very moderate but leans conservative). The Obama years were the worst. People in N. Dakota are extremely tolerant and friendly.. to the point of almost being *too* nice. This stuff with Heitkamp is waaaaay outside their comfort zone. She 100% has lost re-election now (she probably was already going to anyway).

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: putnam6

No, they won't.

If they take the House, the crazy will continue. They'll likely move articles of impeachment against both Trump and Kavanaugh or at least attempt it.

LOL I said it would be the SMART move LOL. Not that the DNC is collectively or independently intelligent enough to do this. Yes they are likely to continue to shoot themselves in the foot and make themselves look foolish. Just keep the economy rolling and stay out of any new quasi legitimate military engagements and think ill be okay for another 4-6 years.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
My bf is from N. Dakota. This is super big news up there. He and his family were all Dems until the DNC came in about 15 years ago and started pulling the strings (the state is very moderate but leans conservative). The Obama years were the worst. People in N. Dakota are extremely tolerant and friendly.. to the point of almost being *too* nice. This stuff with Heitkamp is waaaaay outside their comfort zone. She 100% has lost re-election now (she probably was already going to anyway).

She was 10 points behind when she voted "No" on Kavanaugh.

67% of North Dakota wanted Kavanaugh in.

So that vote alone sealed her fate.

Which is fine with her anyways... she has a cushy DC lobbying job waiting for her the minute she concedes.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yea that bothers me quite a bit, at least the military has a way to short of a time frame before you can take that cush job.

It should be 10+ years... but jeez should be at least 1 year.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: putnam6

No, they won't.

If they take the House, the crazy will continue. They'll likely move articles of impeachment against both Trump and Kavanaugh or at least attempt it.

Im praying these last 10 years, especially the last 3, have woken up enough people.

When we elected Trump, we weren't sure WHAT was really going to happen. We knew the dems were going with their Sky Is Falling narrative and we knew that was totally false, but we were still taking a risk.

Now 2 years later, Trump hasnt crashed the economy, quite the opposite in fact. Trump hasn't launched nukes. Trump hasn't opened up the concentration camps and declared martial law.

If people were willing to vote for him THEN... enough people to WIN. There HAS to be MUCH MUCH MORE support, faith and will for the MAGA Dream than before. The energy that got Trump elected, hasn't fizzled out, hasn't weakened, hasn't gone elsewhere, it's only Gained momentum, motivation, excitement, and not to mention sheer anger and disgust at the opposition...

I know "the republican party" is not the same as "Trump"...but...

Im gonna be shocked if we lose any seats at all where there is a viable Trump supporting/approved contender. My faith in the American People hangs in the balance...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join