It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same UFO is sighted by 6 different pilots at North of Chile

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
At least six commercial airplanes - five of them from Latam Chile and one from Copa Airlines - have reported to the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Air Phenomena (CEFAA) the sighting of unidentified flying objects in northern Chile. The phenomenon occurred in the early hours of May 7, about 1,350 kilometers north of Santiago, near the city of Antofagasta.

However, a video on YouTube has now been made available that shows the aircraft pilots dialogue with the flight controller.

In the video, it is possible to hear the pilot of the flight of the Copa 174 report that at the time of the Air Control Station Livor, 380 kilometers from the coast of Antofagasta, it was possible to see three strange lights.

"We do not know what it is," he says, shortly before reporting that one of the lights has disappeared. Then the pilot of the flight Latam 639 contacts the control tower and declares that he is also seeing the lights "apparently over the sea".

The pilot of Latam 2473 responds that he is also seeing the lights and then flight Latam 79 also informs that a light at sea level can be seen intensifying its brightness and then disappearing.

At this point, the first pilot informs that he can see three lights to the left of the aircraft:

"The lights are moving and they increase in intensity and decrease, too. Let's turn right because they seem to be approaching," says the pilot of Flight 174.

The flight Latam 501 also confirms that it spotted the UFOs and the 174 Cup speaks again: "What a strange phenomenon! Now we have three triangle shaped lights". After that, the pilot of the flight Latam 577 located the lights 60 miles, or 96 kilometers, of Livor.

Chile is one of the countries that most documents unidentified flying objects in its air territory, alongside the United States, Peru, Russia and Brazil. Over the past 65 years, more than 600 reports have been recorded.

The dialogues between pilots and flight controllers can be heard in the video below, after the 4th minute, with subtitles and audio in Spanish:

News source
edit on 14-10-2018 by Frocharocha because: video

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

edit on 14-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Regarded as one of the least corrupt and most vibrant democracies in South America, with a healthy economy, Chile is noted as being one of the closest strategic allies of the United States in the Southern Hemisphere, along with Colombia, and remains part of the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance. Chile–United States relations - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...–United_States_relations

Some people have a theory, that it's countries most closely
allied with the USA that get the most 'ufo sightings'.

Dunno if that's actually true or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

For some weeks now, I've been pondering that, too.

On an unrelated note, I'm keen to look into the current state of Ufology in Spain - my blood origin - since, apart from a flap in the late 60s, I know virtually nothing. If I'm confident enough, I might start a thread about it after some research; not sure how many would be interested, though.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

On an unrelated note, I'm keen to look into the current state of Ufology in Spain - my blood origin - since, apart from a flap in the late 60s, I know virtually nothing. If I'm confident enough, I might start a thread about it after some research; not sure how many would be interested, though.

That would be a great contribution to the subject!

Kev

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Sounds to me they spotted each other.
A's they just saw lights.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

But planes don't have lights on them that are triangle shaped.

What i notice is the duration, its always very short, the planes see it and 20-30min later its gone. That is about the time a drone battery charge would last, en we know by now we can fit pretty much anything on a drone and with some modifications can make it fly anywhere we want. This knowledge makes it these sightings hold little value to me anymore, tech has come far enough it can literally do almost anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

definitely false, russia is a hotspot of UFO and paranormal ativity
due to censorship, its impossible to know what is the situation at china, the middle east or north korea

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

google cadiz, you won't be disappointed, the work of JJ Benitez is important to your research too

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this one Frocharocha, does sound similar to other cases from the CEEFA files - here's General Ricardo Bermudez discussing one of them:

"Think for a moment, if one experienced commercial pilot reports to me that something flew across in front of his airplane, I pay careful attention; but now if a second commercial pilot reports the same a few seconds later, I become interested; but if a third pilot, a military one, confirms the same fact, I tend to believe it. In this case, do we have one UFO close to the airplanes, or we have two UFOs? If we have one, its incredible speed doesn’t correspond to anything we have now".

Link 1 / 2

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

On an unrelated note, I'm keen to look into the current state of Ufology in Spain - my blood origin - since, apart from a flap in the late 60s, I know virtually nothing.

There are some interesting claims made here
about how U.S. Secret Services offer significant economic and career related incentives to Ecuadorian Military personnel so that information and documents pertaining to UFOs are concealed (don't know how true they are though) -also looks like the Pentagon's DIA were deeply interested in this Peruvian case from 1980.

When it comes to Spain there's been quite a few freaky incidents over the years (military incidents as well) so look forward to that thread.

Was always intrigued by this statement made by Colonel Julio Vucetich (director of the Department of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena Research -Difaa) who mentions his country having international meetings about the UFO investigative office to coordinate and exchange information (and states that France, Italy and Spain are the most advanced).

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

its impossible to know what is the situation at china

Check Fei makes some interesting comments about how the government actually promotes UFO research conducted by citizens in this interview mate, also a brief summary here.

originally posted by: humanoidlord

google cadiz, you won't be disappointed, the work of JJ Benitez is important to your research too

UFO Policy In Spain

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Check Fei makes some interesting comments about how the government actually promotes UFO research conducted by citizens in this interview mate, also a brief summary here.

i have heard rumors that china and russia are building a UFO congress, there was even a conference with ufologists from almost all countries in russia recently
sadly there has been almost none coverage of these things thanks to TTSA stealing the spotlight

top topics

join