It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Root Beer Moonshine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mods I am not teaching anyone how to illegally make booze. This is just a recipe using everything legally purchasable to create the drink.

With that being said, this recipe uses grain alcohol. It is illegal in some states, such as, It is illegal to sell or purchase ANY FORM of Everclear in New York, New Hampshire, Nevada, California, Ohio, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Hawaii, Iowa, Minnesota and North Carolina.
You can still use vodka if you live in one of these states.

Just setting an example for those of you making posts about too many political threads!

10 cups water
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons root beer extract
1 liter everclear grain alcohol or vodka

Add water, granulated sugar, brown sugar and pure vanilla extract to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Turn off or unplug the slow cooker and stir in the root beer extract.
Allow the liquid to cool completely and then mix in the everclear or vodka.
Ladle mixture into clean canning jars with lids and rings in a cool dark place.
Drink responsibly!

LINK

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Form it into hard candy with corn syrup and wrap.

Great Halloween trick and treat !!!

20% mix with 80% VG liquid and make a great Vaper Juice !!!

😎

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I make a few different recipes but I have cut the sugar down a LOT. The drinks were way too sweet for me.

Btw you can get it in MIchigan but its not the high octane, just around 150 Proof.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I make a few different recipes but I have cut the sugar down a LOT. The drinks were way too sweet for me.

Btw you can get it in MIchigan but its not the high octane, just around 150 Proof.

Yea, in PA 151 proof is the max. However they do have a higher proof but it says you need a permit to buy it??? lol

How much sugar would you suggest versus the recipe I provided? I would rather not waste good booze.....
edit on 13-10-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My favorite is Apple pie moonshine.

Preferably moonshine (you can buy legally most places) preferably 100 proof plus.

1 gallon apple cider.

I can condensed apple juice.

3 cups brown sugar.

Half a cup white sugar.

1 tablespoon apple pie spice.

4-8 cinnamon sticks.

Boil above ingredients one hour.

Let cool.

Get eight quart Mason jars, fill halfway with moonshine or grain alcohol.

Fill the rest with the mixture. (I put a paper towel in a screen strainer and run it through that for clarity, this is not necessarily for anything aside looks).

Add a cinnamon stick to each jar if you'd like it to have more flavor. Add a slice of granny Smith to each jar.

Let jars sit for about 2-4 weeks before drinking. Remove the cinnamon stick after that time either way.

They make for great Christmas presents for about ten dollars each, you aren't breaking the bank.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Preferably moonshine (you can buy legally most places) preferably 100 proof plus.

1 gallon apple cider.

3 cups brown sugar.

Half a cup white sugar.

4-8 cinnamon sticks.

Let cool.

Fill the rest with the mixture. (I put a paper towel in a screen strainer and run it through that for clarity, this is not necessarily for anything aside looks).

Add a cinnamon stick to each jar if you'd like it to have more flavor. Add a slice of granny Smith to each jar.

Let jars sit for about 2-4 weeks before drinking. Remove the cinnamon stick after that time either way.

They make for great Christmas presents for about ten dollars each, you aren't breaking the bank.

Never heard of condensed apple juice? Sounds awesome though!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😎

With some 50mg salt nic, and those kids will be boppin' and a rockin' scootin' and a bootin'... allll the way to the hospital.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: xuenchen

With some 50mg salt nic, and those kids will be boppin' and a rockin' scootin' and a bootin'... allll the way to the hospital.

"Oh yeah salt nic"

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

1 gallon apple cider.

3 cups brown sugar.

Half a cup white sugar.

4-8 cinnamon sticks.

Let cool.

Never heard of condensed apple juice? Sounds awesome though!

Frozen condenced* comes in one of those can looking things.

The importance of that though is most people use a gallon of apple juice which means the end product is deluded. You can go that route if you want a less stout end result.
edit on 13-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
As a home brewer, you are making me all giddy! Is it illegal to brew your own drink in the us?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
As a home brewer, you are making me all giddy! Is it illegal to brew your own drink in the us?

Brew, No. Distill, in most cases Yes.

MmMm BootRear

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

You are allowed to brew 100 gallons of beer or wine, up to 200 gallons per household that cannot be sold.

Distilling is still not legal because the government likes its taxes.

To the OP, I make 100 gallons of hard apple cider a year. (orchard.)

Sometimes I slip and some of that gets distilled and thrown back into the hard apple cider in a 1/2 gallon bottle with a cinnamon stick.

Love the root beer idea... I have never made a hard version so will have to play with it this winter.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: pavil

Yea, in PA 151 proof is the max. However they do have a higher proof but it says you need a permit to buy it??? lol

How much sugar would you suggest versus the recipe I provided? I would rather not waste good booze.....

It's all personal preference but I just made apple pie moonshine and used zero. You probably could easily cut half of it. You can always add more by using a simple syrup if it's not sweet enough.

top topics

join