It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sturgill the Turtle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This little American box turtle lives on my property and spent 38 days straight between my back yard, side yard and front flower bed. About July 30th is when he showed up. Just came up into the yard next to my granddaughters little pool and was chilling out, Taking in the summer fun. He would go each night to front flower garden and find his lil spot he rooted out under the pine needles. I figured if he was gonna eat in my yard that I could help that cause. Bought him some Dried Red Shrimp.....nasty smelling lil critters those shrimp. Sturgill loves them. About two days before the hurricane hit he went back off into that tall, tall grass. I haven't seen him since. I'm pretty sure he's off finding that spot to bed down for the winter. I also made friends with a clatter of feral cats that now reside on my back deck, yard, everywhere really. I feed them too, also been trapped and fixed so no more little ones. Thought you all could use this...beats the hell out politics don't it.
Sturgill gets his name from the country musician Sturgill Simpson......Listen to " Turtles all the way down " you'll understand why he has his name. I was listening to that very song when my lil friend showed up.

edit on 25-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

You have good karma coming your way.

Definitely a good relief from politics.

Sturgill looks like a confident and curious turtle!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I love turtles and cats! I hope your turtle friend is ok after the hurricane. You are a hero for looking after the beautiful cats and having them fixed. Kudos!

edit on 25-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I call the cat's Night Ranger....you see them at night, not so much during the day. Of course I named them all There's M.K ( momma kitty ) P.K. ( Pretty Kitty) Stash, Zipper & Button. Night Star would you post up that song for me. I am computer slow if you know what that means. It's Sturgill Simpson...song title Is " Turtles all the way down". Awesome song.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

In my life I've probably helped 1000 of these lil guys/gals get across the road. Just can't seem to just drive by them and leave them to a crappy fate.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
cats and turtles are a bad mix

sorry to put a downside to a cool thread but

cats will kill turtles and torts the cat normaly dies the guts of a tort is posion to them so please if you own cats dont adopt a turtle or tort if you know your cat wont hurt a fly the poop from them is also deadly to the cat just wanted people to know its not a good idea

if timmy was out i would show off some pics hes a 15-25 year old dessert tort and a speshal one he lost his male parts up front its a pice of shell the males use to flip eatchother but now he can eat food directally under him the worlds most flexable tort

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The turtle isn't a pet...it's wild/ The cats are also feral. When that turtle close up shop. Those cats better have a damn good hammer.....I've watched this particular turtle just waddle right by those 5 feral cats....not so much as a second glance.a reply to: markovian

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sturgill's "Turtles All The Way Down"

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Cole Younger you are damn awesome...thank you. Sturgill thinks your awesome too. There's one with a video it's really cool. Thanks though.a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
i thougt the same thing about the shell it turns out there not as hard as you think its not cracking its easy to scratch and if the cat spends some time scratching it will break

i didnt mean you per say i just wanted to put the warning out there so no one tryed ... every time i hear about this happening it starts with i had no idea my pet could even kill a turtle/tort

and ur so lucky to get that my population of wild dessert gekos will not stand still for me to admire no bug problem in my garden tho

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Cole Younger you are damn awesome...thank you. Sturgill thinks your awesome too. There's one with a video it's really cool. Thanks though.a reply to: ColeYounger

Sorry, I'm just getting to the thread now and didn't see your request to post a vid, but glad someone else did it for you.

new topics

top topics

join