It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black hole "bubble" theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Let me make it known that I am no scientist. I have no college education. But I do have an imagination. And this is my theory. I posted it in chit chat because I do not want to muck up the science forum if it does not belong there.

When Steven Hawking finished his work on two black holes merging together and confirmed what would happen when they did in fact come into contact with each other, along with the video proof of this happening and the sound generated when it happened... It reminded me of bubbles.

This computer simulation is what they predicted. And I believe Steven Hawking confirmed this with our observation of the black holes out in our universe.

So I think of our universe as being a gigantic bubble. I remember the Simpsons showed off a mathematical theory saying our universe is in the shape of a doughnut. But maybe that is not the entire story. Maybe our universe is inside a cluster of bubbles. And is squished in a rather odd shape. And maybe the reason why our universe is skewed is because the surface tension of our bubble is hard pressed against other bubbles of a negative effect. Or maybe there is a fabric that makes up the "end" of our stretch of the universe as the "shell" of our bubble. And maybe. Just maybe the black hole that is sucking everything up is the effect of a new bubble being formed because our bubble now has a "hole" in it. And it is creating a new bubble.

So go to your sink and drop in some dish soap and make some really big bubbles. Now stick your finger on one of those big bubbles without popping it. Then move around your finger on that bubble without breaking it. Then try to move your finger into the middle of two bubbles and try to "merge" them together.

That is my theory on why these two black holes merged without a catastrophic cosmic event taking place. Maybe our universe is leaking out to another bubble, or leaking out into an infinite VOID. Either can be possible. But that is definitely something I enjoy talking about with my employees every now and again.

That is my theory. That our universe is actually clustered up in another dimension that we do not understand. And that cluster is ever evolving. And maybe just maybe. that black hole, with it being such a powerful vacuum, is not a "worm hole" but the gap between our bubble and another, or our bubble and the infinite void. Or maybe it is a universe that is made of a different chemical makeup entirely that we do not understand yet.

Until we can venture in a black hole and come back.... we will never know.

Just a theory. It is a small one but one of them that I enjoy talking about and did not see discussed on here.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Cool theory I could see that being the case. Imagine humans going into black hole and back. It would prolly take a long time unless we become masters of time that is. Pus the immense gravity but I think we will find a way around that too eventually. Let's hope the bubble we are in doesn't pop anytime soon.

Cool fact I wrote down bubbles this morning, just because and then bubbles were in your thread. I love it when that happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've always imagined that a black hole was simply a mash of matter so dense that space and time wraps completely around it, hiding the maddeningly intense light that it's composed of, which is why light can't escape it (because it's hidden in the fold).

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Thank you for sharing! I find imagination to be the most useful "scientific" tool when pondering the mysteries of the universe. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

-Driver

new topics

top topics

join