It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22 toast vs Su35

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Also here's what Lt. Col. David "Chip" Berke actually thinks. Starting at 10:10. Very passionate speaker.

Anyways, I hope I gave some of you guys a laugh.
edit on 15/9/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/9/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

This brings up the hardest thing to compare. The electronics on the f22 and f35. These systems have such versatility in penetrating enemy air defences. They can create false signatures turning one plane into 6. Or they can lag enemy radars changing the time they recieve radar returns meaning the actual aircraft is miles away. It can jam radar buy overloading the sensors. If that isn't enough it can hack into their system and start sending false reports into the air defense system.

They can even play games and alternate scanning between multiple aircraft where the radar operator would continually see a target jump around his screen. And my favorite even jam incoming missiles before the pilot even knows there was a launch. Radar guided will become useless. Infra red will still be dangerous but even that the odds will move to the pilot making it likely he will survive.

GD

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Not necessarily that scary. Russia is not the Soviet Union. They do not have the resources ir capital to play and win a numbers game. US tech is a force multiplier that Russia is not in a position to overcome. a reply to: biggilo

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
C0bzz you're a provocative bastard taking on the Russian Government, I like that. Yeah I'm pretty sure the Raptor would eat the Su-35 for breakfast.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

This brings up the hardest thing to compare. The electronics on the f22 and f35. These systems have such versatility in penetrating enemy air defences. They can create false signatures turning one plane into 6. Or they can lag enemy radars changing the time they recieve radar returns meaning the actual aircraft is miles away. It can jam radar buy overloading the sensors. If that isn't enough it can hack into their system and start sending false reports into the air defense system.

They can even play games and alternate scanning between multiple aircraft where the radar operator would continually see a target jump around his screen. And my favorite even jam incoming missiles before the pilot even knows there was a launch. Radar guided will become useless. Infra red will still be dangerous but even that the odds will move to the pilot making it likely he will survive.

Oh lord...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Cool post, fitting it's on an article like this. Super pertinent and relevant information, and a great line about retardation to put the cherry on top.
I don't post here much as I don't have as near as much to contribute as the regular posters, but I do visit almost daily to learn. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to the AP.

P.S. I found the sh*thole without looking it up, but just barely...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
a reply to: MteWamp

Cool post, fitting it's on an article like this. Super pertinent and relevant information, and a great line about retardation to put the cherry on top.
I don't post here much as I don't have as near as much to contribute as the regular posters, but I do visit almost daily to learn. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to the AP.

P.S. I found the sh*thole without looking it up, but just barely...

Hehe.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Thanks, though. I have a REALLY dark and sarcastic sense of humor, so I have to really seize on any compliment in the unlikely event that someone actually GETS it, haha.

I just tell myself over and over that it can't be because it's not funny, so it must be because everybody else is just too stupid to understand the joke.

Otherwise, I'd just spend all my time wallowing in a bottomless pit of self-pity.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Biggest load of hogwash about tactical aviation I've ever read. It honestly is a joke written by somebody who has zero idea of what they're talking about it, I think I lost it when the article touted the SU-35 parlor trick (horrible strategy in a dogfight leaves you with zero energy and literally no options, simply countered by maintaining corner speed and gaining altitude above the adversary, notwithstanding high aspect missile possibilities which is its own can of worms in and of itself), in a nutshell that's not how any of this works lol..... at all!

Edit to add: the part of about rocking the wings to "show off the missiles" lol, yeah bud that's just the international signal for "you've been intercepted and you better listen to me or else." The intercepting aircraft responds in kind if he intends to comply then they just fly to either exit the airspace, land at designated field, ect. And if I were the fighter pilot of the SU-35, I'd just simply assume and treat the raptor as armed at all times and as a threat, respond accordingly, they don't send unarmed jets on these kinds of intercepts as they're usually done QRA with jets that are armed 24/7 and on standby for exactly this purpose.
edit on 20-9-2018 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
In a real situation the SU35 would be destroyed before the pilot knew he was being targeted.

I agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join