It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young blood could be the secret to long lasting health, study finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let's assume, for a brief moment that this is actually real (not the source, but the reality of the source...and its a LONG stretch)

a - It sounds like a great recipe for mass disease that CDC and the WHO cant contain

b - reverting to barbarism in a profoundly chaotic world

c - how could the study even have been carried out?

d - blood types are still a thing

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I confirm this is true
.. I watched it in the last Wolverine film and the elderly Japanese man did indeed get healthier and more radiant complexion.

Moreover the results can be viewed in real-time.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

There was a Russian (Soviet) doctor who did apparently very successful experiments with blood transfusions (young blood) back in the 1920s. Allegedly he achieved incredible results with rejuvenating elderly patients.
I don't remember why the experiments were stopped (if they ever were!), but it should be easy enough to find out, I suppose.

edit on 11-9-2018 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I've heard younger the better, but they must be sentient enough to be thoroughly terrorized at the time of "transfusion" (death) to significantly increase the ammount of adrenals in the blood stream, causing an intoxication better and more addictive than any other elicit drug.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wonder where Peter Thiel got the idea for this.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

This cannot be real.

Yes and no.

It's a tabloid story by someone who read a scientific research paper and completely misinterpreted it. If you drink the blood, your stomach acids will completely break down any factors/proteins in it... hence, drinking is useless.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra

There was a Russian (Soviet) doctor who did apparently very successful experiments with blood transfusions (young blood) back in the 1920s. Allegedly he achieved incredible results with rejuvenating elderly patients.
I don't remember why the experiments were stopped (if they ever were!), but it should be easy enough to find out, I suppose.

Because it didn't work. Otherwise, every hemophiliac or person with thalassemia would never age.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Otherwise, every hemophiliac or person with thalassemia would never age.

Wait, do they age?!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

If the goal is to attempt to cheat lifeπŸ‘€ why not build bio bots or non bio bots and transfer the spirit/consciousness into said Avatar.
Drinking blood, primitive type 0 civilization behaviors...

I assume you invented this shell then?
How much you asking for a biobot?

Ask them. SaturnFX...

I love sci-fi, and I think eventually many of the sci-fi concepts will eventually be a reality in some form.

Problem is, some people think because its been thought of in sci-fi, then surely we must be close to doing it.
We find a minor step forward and you are like...why not just jarbrain ourselves and live forever...
Probably because if such a thing is possible, we are hundreds of years away from such tech.

another example would be hearing of the ISS and simply asking why not instead build a dyson sphere around the sun instead of the space station...

Gotta know where we are. We are type 0, and will be here for quite awhile longer.
You won't see 1
Your grandkids won't
Their grandkids won't
Their grandkids might see some movement towards it...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If you drink the blood, your stomach acids will completely break down any factors/proteins in it... hence, drinking is useless.

BBC: People who drink human blood

In most major cities around the world, communities of ordinary people – nurses, bar staff, secretaries – are drinking human blood on a regular basis. The question is, why?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Every single year, day by day, it begins to seem more and more that David Icke was right about the reptilians.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topato
Every single year, day by day, it begins to seem more and more that David Icke was right about the reptilians.

Ummm no it doesn't.

Every single year, day by day, it seems people just get more stupid.
edit on 14-9-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

If you drink the blood, your stomach acids will completely break down any factors/proteins in it... hence, drinking is useless.

BBC: People who drink human blood

In most major cities around the world, communities of ordinary people – nurses, bar staff, secretaries – are drinking human blood on a regular basis. The question is, why?

Ah, sweet summer child... you're just now learning about them?

Remember, I'm an anthropologist. This is old hat.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What's wrong with old blood? Could it be the bodies regional bacterias slow translocation through the circulatory system to other parts of the body? Would this be the cause of old person smell?

I identify as type R negative so I guess I'll never get a donor of any age.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I've been trying to find a news story from last year since you posted this. Finally found it! Man Without License Paid People for Blood in Abandoned DC Apartment, Police Say. The case against the guy was dismissed and he can be brought back to court in future - UPDATE: Case Dismissed For Man Who Paid People To Withdraw Blood Without A License

It caught my attention in this thread. I did a bit of looking on my own and saw the guy claimed to work for BostonBioSource and they took down their own website straight away. I've looked just now and it's still down for maintenance.

You know I've never been overly inclined to conspiracies. This one seems to have a lot of mystery. Mystery man spending thousands of dollars on blood samples. Case abandoned. Business keeps going. Where was he getting his thousands from?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join