It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity looking to save more than 400 pigs in hoarding case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Okay, now I think having pot bellied pigs as pets is cool. I even had one myself years ago that was best friends with my dog and cat.

Now we've all heard of "pet hoarders" I'm sure, but they are almost always hoarding either dogs, cats or reptiles. This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone "pig hoarding".

“We have never seen a hoarding case of this magnitude,” Josh Carpenter Costner, Director at Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary in South Carolina, said. They are working with other rescuers to save the pigs.

They believe there may be as many as 600 pot bellied pigs!

The woman, they said, told them she adopted 15 pigs a few years ago. Workers said those pigs weren’t spayed or neutered.

Look people, if you're going to keep ANY sort of animals as PETS they need to be spayed or neutered! Unless you're a licensed breeder or are raising animals for food- HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!!

Charity Looking to Save More Than 400 Pigs in Hoarding Case

I think the initial intentions were good, but the situation was allowed to get out of hand. Hoarding of any sort is an illness, but hoarding animals isn't just harmful to the hoarder but extremely harmful to innocent animals.

Just say no!!!
edit on 4-9-2018 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: Add video

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'll take them if they can follow orders...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I would have no problem making bacon sammiches out of the little buggers, but the meat on them is fairly tough and stringy. They do not accumulate nearly enough fat- no matter how much you feed them. That's why they make better pets than dinner!

They are very smart, clean and sociable. They litter box train faster than a cat (or so I've been told- mine stayed outside with the other animals: dog, cat and free range chickens).

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

wow...500 pigs?

With the amount of time they've spent without human socialization, I would imagine they'd be barnyard animals for the most part. Or am I wrong? I've never had a pet pig, and in my county it's certainly not a possibility.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

wow...500 pigs?

With the amount of time they've spent without human socialization, I would imagine they'd be barnyard animals for the most part. Or am I wrong? I've never had a pet pig, and in my county it's certainly not a possibility.

I would guess that there is no way to pay personal attention to each "pet" when there are so many.

top topics

join