It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuddly lion tries to ‘hijack’ Crimean safari buggy full of tourists (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
MODS if this is in the wrong forum please let me know and fix my mistake.

So I came across this story while looking at RT. It is super cute and thought many of you would find this awesome. In my opinion when you treat wild or domestic with respect you get treated the same. And this video seems to kinda prove this.

RT story

I would love for this to happen to me! What a treat this must have been.

I kinda get that feeling when my Great Pyrenees hops on me after work. He is almost full grown and a very big baby with a big bark. But that baby side goes away as something not normal happens. But dude a freaking lion would be awesome. Especially this one.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

sorry, these people are just stupid. this is a lion, a wild animal. one bite and your are dead. did you see werner herzogs 'grizzly man'?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well, that went about as well as it ever could have!

I have to wonder what possessed anyone to run an open bus in an area where lions, no matter how cuddly, are able to roam relatively free. I am sure this lion is not as fierce as others, perhaps has become so accustomed to good experiences with humans, perhaps so well fed, that it feels little of its natural instinct to hunt and kill, otherwise it is unlikely that anyone, no matter how insane, would consider attempting this sort of tour in its presence. However, with all that understood, there is no such thing as a tame lion. Even the most well kept wild animal, can and eventually will kill in a scenario just like this, so for the life of me, I cannot understand why the person operating the tour elected to use an open transport.

Its very cute to see this lion just behaving like a big kitty, and I am sure those present felt a certain great honour had been bestowed upon them, but the truth is, the honour bestowed upon them is not that they met and got close to the lion. Its that they were permitted to walk away having done so. There is absolutely no way that the park or facility can be certain that this animal will not kill at some stage, so I fail to see how they can operate such a tour.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
sorry, these people are just stupid. this is a lion, a wild animal. one bite and your are dead. did you see werner herzogs 'grizzly man'?

It appears to be in a game preserve where they are kept well fed and are accustomed to interacting with humans. It also appears to be a male which doesn't do the hunting. Lesson to be learned from the King, his pimp hand is strong.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

RT?!

Fake news! They're trying to hack the midterm elections with this amut and they must be stopped even if it takes nuclear armegeddon.

Okay, fine, lion didn't go crazy, lion went lion.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

RT?!

Fake news! They're trying to hack the midterm elections with this amut and they must be stopped even if it takes nuclear armegeddon.

Okay, fine, lion didn't go crazy, lion went lion.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Dumbest # I have seen in quite a while. I forget which country it was but recently a woman was encouraged to pose next to a sleeping lion. All was fine, until she touched its mane. Then she nearly lost her arm. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"...But the playful meeting was only eight weeks after a woman was attacked by another lion - called Vitya - at the same park. Olga Solomina, from Kirov, said the predator 'bit through my right arm and used it to drag me - it like a puppet'.
The 46-year-old added: 'When I got back to my senses, I was already in the hands of the park's staff who were helping me..."

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

They obviously needed to feed that one more.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They obviously needed to feed that one more.

Ummm...they were...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thank you!
That was the case I meant too.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not wanting to derail the thread but a small aside. If your bothered by cats coming onto your garden to do their business, if you go to the local zoo and get some lion poo and spread it about your garden no cats will ever come near you.
Got that from a zoo keeper.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That's a whole lot of "NOPE" getting into a tourist buggy. Even if the lion is declawed and teeth filed down..it's still a 500 lb predator capable of killing anyone and everyone it encounters.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Stupid humans being stupid. The lion might be a little bit tame but it´s still a wild animal.

a reply to: crayzeed
It works the other way for setting up a fixed dedicated poo area for dogs, too.

top topics

join