It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto has to pay almost 300 million to cancer patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

CNN) — San Francisco jurors just ruled that that Roundup, the most popular weedkiller in the world, gave a former school groundskeeper terminal cancer.

So they awarded him $289 million in damages -- mostly to punish the agricultural company Monsanto.

Dewayne Johnson's victory Friday could set a massive precedent for thousands of other cases claiming Monsato's famous herbicide causes non-Hodgkin's lymphoma

Monsanto has to pay almost 300 million to cancer patient

I say go Judge!!
I hope every cancer patient in the world starts suing these evil basterds. That will hopefully bankrupt em pretty quick.
I recently read that now one out of two people will get a form of cancer in there lifetime.
When I was jong about 20 years ago it used to be one out of ten I believe.

I hope that guy enjoys the hell out of that money.

edit on 11-8-2018 by misterassist because: please close thread sombody beat me to it

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: misterassist

Monsanto was recently merged with Bayer, another chemical company that has a lot of history, much of it bad. I doubt this will make even a small dent in their profits but it's a step in the right direction. I hope more court cases happen quickly and the suffering of people will at least be softened.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Monsanto was recently merged with Bayer, another chemical company that has a lot of history, much of it bad. I doubt this will make even a small dent in their profits but it's a step in the right direction. I hope more court cases happen quickly and the suffering of people will at least be softened.

Sadly this is crossing the t's and dotting the I's, it will be no different to companies dumping waste out to sea as the cost to dispose cleanly far exceeds the costs of the fines.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

This is an interesting development if the reporting is accurate... Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
But wait ,,, didn't obama Sign an executive order that said Monsanto was not allowed to be sued for any sort of damages or health related lawsuits ?? I seem to Remember this on here ....?? Anyone ??

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: misterassistexisting thread here mods u can close this one please

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-8-2018 by misterassist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
But wait ,,, didn't obama Sign an executive order that said Monsanto was not allowed to be sued for any sort of damages or health related lawsuits ?? I seem to Remember this on here ....?? Anyone ??

I don't remember the fine details, but it was called the Monsanto Protection Act. Obama promised to help label GMOs for his first 2008 PORUS run.

It was clear hypocrisy, but because the MSN turns the dial down on GMOs, no man reported these contradictions. Not even FOX (anti-Obama network).

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

...and then it goes to appeal and gets reduced. If they made it a reasonable amount it may have stuck.

join