It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Allen breaks silence on Roseanne firing: 'Who makes up these rules?'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What percentage African blood is necessary to claim that you are black?

Is it 100%?

Is it 75%?

Is it anything 50% or more?

Legally in the U.S., if you have as little as 1/8 blood (12.5%) from any particular minority race, you can claim that as your race. So if one of your great grand parents were "black", and the rest of your great grand parents, grand parents and your parents were "white", you are legally considered "black".

Concerning African races, not all of them are considered "black", so there would be particular races from Africa you'd need to get that 12.5% of your DNA from to be legally "black". It would seem that although the term negroid would be incredibly politically incorrect to use these days, it would be physiologically the most appropriate descriptive term when defining what is technically a "black" African race.

Concerning Valerie Jarrett, who in my opinion has very few negroid features, Wikipedia has this info on her ancestry.

Her parents are both of European and African-American descent. On the television series Finding Your Roots, DNA testing indicated that Jarrett is of 49% European, 46% African, and 5% Native American descent.

I wonder how much of Valerie's African DNA is of North African races that are technically not considered "black". It certainly seems like splitting hairs when it comes to defining what makes your race "black", "mixed" or "white". In my opinion, I would say she is of mixed race or maybe a half-blood African at best.

edit on 3-8-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

edit on 3-8-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sorry, don't agree, not even a smidge.

Obama knew what he was saying when he uttered "typical white person" ,"the police acted stupidly". He has an issue with race and fanned the fringe from cinders to fire.

And like his juvenile brained white house predecessor, he leaves a mess some adult has to clean up.

originally posted by: Words
a reply to: atsgrounded

We can’t blame Obama. For all we know he thought his acts were just and moral. We can only blame ourselves for believing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Nope, the "joke" Rosanne made was not funny because there is no truth to it.

Each to their own. It made me laugh precisely because there was truth in it. Valerie Jarret does look like the character from Planet of the Apes.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: redletter

How can an SJW be a nihilist? Seems to me a nihilist wouldn't care about values such as social justice.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321
I don't see even a vague resemblance between Valery/planet of the apes. And I don't think Barr should have been fired, she needs attention and knows how to get it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Make no mistake, I did a google search of the 1968 movie and I don't see anything that connects to make the "joke" funny.

I do think Bush Jr did have a slight chimp look though.

Do an image search for "valerie planet apes" then you will get the actual joke. But, Roseanne was fired for drawing attention to Q and pedo stuff. That was just the excuse they used.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So what you're saying is, lets go back to the good old days where people called black people monkeys and have no repercussions?
I mean you tried to blame Obama but this has been bad taste a lot longer than that.

Imagine you had a TV show but you didn't like Tiger Woods, would you tweet he looked like he just walked off the set of planet of the apes?

Think about it for a minute.

Jokes are still being told, it's arguably more risque humor than ever.

Even back in the 80's and 90's "Blue" comedians were relegated to VHS rather than appearing on TV. This is not new.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

Make no mistake, I did a google search of the 1968 movie and I don't see anything that connects to make the "joke" funny.

I do think Bush Jr did have a slight chimp look though.

Do an image search for "valerie planet apes" then you will get the actual joke. But, Roseanne was fired for drawing attention to Q and pedo stuff. That was just the excuse they used.

No she was definitely fired because of the uproar of the tweet. No one outside of this website cares about 4chan posters.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Nope, the "joke" Rosanne made was not funny because there is no truth to it.

Each to their own. It made me laugh precisely because there was truth in it. Valerie Jarret does look like the character from Planet of the Apes.

Yet she apologised, blamed ambien and admitted what she said was racist.
You haven't apologised, I don't think you're on ambien, so...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Who are you addressing?

originally posted by: Taggart
So what you're saying is, lets go back to the good old days where people called black people monkeys and have no repercussions?
I mean you tried to blame Obama but this has been bad taste a lot longer than that.

Imagine you had a TV show but you didn't like Tiger Woods, would you tweet he looked like he just walked off the set of planet of the apes?

Think about it for a minute.

Jokes are still being told, it's arguably more risque humor than ever.

Even back in the 80's and 90's "Blue" comedians were relegated to VHS rather than appearing on TV. This is not new.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sorry, don't agree, not even a smidge.

Obama knew what he was saying when he uttered "typical white person" ,"the police acted stupidly". He has an issue with race and fanned the fringe from cinders to fire.

And like his juvenile brained white house predecessor, he leaves a mess some adult has to clean up.

originally posted by: Words

We can’t blame Obama. For all we know he thought his acts were just and moral. We can only blame ourselves for believing it.

We can blame him for what he said, of course, but it is ignorance to pretend that what he said made people act a certain way or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Right.
And the econ was about to turn under Obama's leadership and wall street and scrap prices and consumer confidence and the EU was about to change one sided trade practices and the unemployment rate was coming down to historic levels.

All the positive changes happened to take place AFTER Trump took office-but Trump had nothing to do with the huge changes.
edit on 3-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: redletter

How can an SJW be a nihilist? Seems to me a nihilist wouldn't care about values such as social justice.

That's the whole point of the name that was given them. Think of it this way...have you ever heard of the story of Robin Hood? Do you know who Little John is? Do you think he was little? So now use the same logic and apply it to SJWs. Do you really believe they want social justice? I was just reading about an SJW that sucker punched a man last night. Walked up to him at some sort of Comics Convention, asked him if he was so-and-so, so-and-so said yes extended a hand in good faith to greet the man and just started getting sucker punched in the head over and over.

Social justice? Oh no...that's why I said that name was given to them in irony.

ETA: Here's a video about it:

edit on 3-8-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

2. I contend that the unhealthy dialog Obama opened up is a major cause of this mess we find ourselves in. And it will take decades to heal the damage willingly or unwillingly done.

I think he set race relations back at least 50-60 years. Things were never peachy/utopian, and some people never could learn to keep their mouth shut (the golden rule, ie: nothing nice to say so say nothing)... but it was nowhere near as bad as it is today.

Obama tore those wounds open, and managed to inter-mingle issues from 100-200 years ago with the modern day "culture war" we see playing out in front of our very eyes. Somehow this has evolved into a "PC" speech-police where extremists on the left believe it is acceptable to use violence to shut down free speech (even speech they deem subjectively "racist")

They are of course wrong. Just as wrong as the folks who try to blame Charlettesville on the peaceful patriot prayer group (who was lawfully assembling) instead of the insurgency of masked/armed thugs who showed up unlawfully with the intent of suppressing free speech and causing acts of violence. In most states, when you're in a group breaking the law, if someone in that group dies (ie: Heather Heyer) then the group breaking the law is liable for "Felony murder"

Blaming the peaceful assembly is wrong. Blaming the violent "activists" who showed up unlawfully is right.

And regardless of what specific views a minority of participants within the peaceable assembly were expressing, the masked criminal thugs had no business showing up at all let alone with the intent to suppress free speech/assembly and commit acts of violence.

...yet somehow the left still maintains its false & smug air of moral superiority. How wrong they are.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I keep thinking about shows like Sanford and Son, All In The Family, The Jeffersons, the movie Blazing Saddles and how those shows would fare in this PC world we live in.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

2. I contend that the unhealthy dialog Obama opened up is a major cause of this mess we find ourselves in. And it will take decades to heal the damage willingly or unwillingly done.

I think he set race relations back at least 50-60 years. Things were never peachy/utopian, and some people never could learn to keep their mouth shut (the golden rule, ie: nothing nice to say so say nothing)... but it was nowhere near as bad as it is today.

Obama tore those wounds open, and managed to inter-mingle issues from 100-200 years ago with the modern day "culture war" we see playing out in front of our very eyes. Somehow this has evolved into a "PC" speech-police where extremists on the left believe it is acceptable to use violence to shut down free speech (even speech they deem subjectively "racist")

They are of course wrong. Just as wrong as the folks who try to blame Charlettesville on the peaceful patriot prayer group (who was lawfully assembling) instead of the insurgency of masked/armed thugs who showed up unlawfully with the intent of suppressing free speech and causing acts of violence. In most states, when you're in a group breaking the law, if someone in that group dies (ie: Heather Heyer) then the group breaking the law is liable for "Felony murder"

Blaming the peaceful assembly is wrong. Blaming the violent "activists" who showed up unlawfully is right.

And regardless of what specific views a minority of participants within the peaceable assembly were expressing, the masked criminal thugs had no business showing up at all let alone with the intent to suppress free speech/assembly and commit acts of violence.

...yet somehow the left still maintains its false & smug air of moral superiority. How wrong they are.

My wife and I watched the start of all the race BS, too. We watched it all happen in real time and we even commented about it during the broadcasts of the Ferguson Shooting. There wasn't a network on the TV that wasn't talking about how it was skin-color motivated, instead of talking about what it was actually about: Police aggressiveness.

And this whole gender crap is literally the lowest of the low and by far the dumbest a person could get. If anyone ever actually came up to me and asked in seriousness, "You gender assuming, bro?" I'd slap the # out of them. If there's anything worth going to jail for, that is certainly at the top of the list.

Hell, I'm 30 years old and I'm considering homeschooling my kids because the education was bad when I was in school, certainly my kids will learn twice as much now. Gender unicorns and all that...
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago3904699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join