It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only by Giving, will humanity heal its own suffering (hunger, thirst, homelessness, greed)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If one says that giving is better, shouldn't they give all they all they have?

If people want to provide for those who struggle to live and want to help them retire in dignity, then that would be impossible unless there is someone willing to receive that assistance. Once they receive that assistance, then they can be more at peace to focus on giving to others in their own way.

Most yogi's will say that it is the holding on to earthly things that ties us to this reality. So in essence, let go. If you truly believe in this, then give all your belongings away. Giving.

My spiritual worldview does not agree 100% with the Yogis. I believe that The Divine Within is Love, therefore, connecting with The Divine is not about letting go of this reality, but is instead, about focusing on and expressing Love, more and more.

How can we accurately determine who's hungry, for legitimate reasons. Our church helps a lot of leeches.

We don't need to. If I wanted to be nice and share a delicious snack or food with someone, I don't need to figure out whether or not they have a "legitimate reason" for being hungry. I can just do it because I want them to be able to taste and enjoy it.

We need people to learn to take care of themselves and not to expect handouts.

Everyone takes handouts.

If Nature treated us in the same way that some human beings treated one another, we'd all starve to death because the trees wouldn't give fruits, the sun wouldn't give light, and the air wouldn't give oxygen. Luckily, Nature gives these things freely without obligations or forcing obligations on others.

Everything is reliant on something else (interdependence), there is no "self-reliance". Being aware of that and giving to others just as Life and kind people gives to us can reduce starvation and suffering in the world.

Note (generally speaking): I am not saying that everyone should be forced to give to others against their will. I'm simply making the observation that those who do choose to give are reducing the suffering of others (hunger, thirst, and so on), and that if people focused more on giving, then that will be getting rid of more suffering.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

If people want to provide for those who struggle to live and want to help them retire in dignity, then that would be impossible unless there is someone willing to receive that assistance. Once they receive that assistance, then they can be more at peace to focus on giving to others in their own way

If one wants things to be at peace, then it is not peace that they want, but things.

My spiritual worldview does not agree 100% with the Yogis. I believe that The Divine Within is Love, therefore, connecting with The Divine is not about letting go of this reality, but is instead, about focusing on and expressing Love, more and more.

That would make us exist is two separate realities. Mine and yours. From out of our different realities we each must find our own way. Realities also can be connected but not entirely, only as a whole are they one.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join