It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri police officer distracted by phone crashes into bicyclist head on, video shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
How Peculiar. But the one mistake the bicycle rider made was not expecting that the cop car would come after him. I always assume that everything is out to get me. And I would have stopped as close as possible to the shoulder. And dived for the gravel or grass when I saw him coming.
edit on 28-7-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

He made no mistake, the cop came into the oncoming lane and as admitted wasn't paying attention. It's absurd that you feel the need to find a way to justify this accident with any blame on the victim. It obviously wasn't a purposeful hit, but 100% preventable if the officer was doing what he would enforce upon civilians.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffJordan

The mistake is that he is a 180-200 lb man vs a 2000 lb automobile. You can be legally right but your still dead if he runs over you. If you are going to play in the road you need to take all the precautions you can. If you watch the video and place him on the right edge of the road the cop misses him completely.

If you're on the road you need to be alert and paranoid. Plan ahead. And don't trust that everybody does the right thing. That cop is prime example A. Dead right is still dead. And that goes for motorcycles too.

(post by renudas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by renudas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join