It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Carlssin the Time Traveler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone! This is my first thread here at ATS I hope I have chosen the correct place to put this in. Just recently I read an article about John Titor and his time machine and that reminded me of another time traveler Andrew Carlssin. I have done a search in ATS for his name but no articles came up. I am curious about what happened to this person. From the internet news sites all I have found out that someone bailed him out, I believe it was a million dollars, and he dissappeared without a trace.

Here is an article about Andrew Carlssin

entertainment.tv.yahoo.com...

He claims his name is Andrew Carlssin and he is from the year 2256. How is it possible for the police or anyone to find out his real identity?

A bit off topic here.
If a police arrested you and asks for your identity but you say that you dont have one. How would the police find out who you are? Matching finger prints from birth records is the only thing I can think of. But what if your from another country, therefore it would be very hard to find your birth records.

Now back to Andrew Carlssin.
"No one can find any record of any Andrew Carlssin existing anywhere before December 2002." (this happened around March 2003) Isnt Andrew Carlssin a common name? There has to be another person with that name in history. He was put on bail for a million dollars which someone did pay. After that Andrew Carlssin just dissappeared.

Was there anything else about this person? Did the FBI ever find him?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sorry, your link is bad. This would be interesting to read. I know about Titor but not this man.

Can you try linking it again?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I remember this story well because right after it came out, a friend of mine e-mailed it to me. Initially, I was fascinated then took a step back to examine some facts.

Although it made it to yahoo entertainment as a story, the attribution belongs to the Weekly World News, a highly questionable source at best. Additionally, at the time this happened, I worked for a financial services company so I reached out to some contacts at the SEC, essentially some people I could trust to tell me if this story, or some version of it, had any merit at all. No one I spoke to (one of whom was an attorney at the SEC) had even remotely heard of such an event. I do believe many, many things often do not make it to the mainstream media and my sources were certainly not fool proof but still, I was left wondering.

Researching further, I then realized not another single source had ever reported or even commented on the event. All references to the story pointed to the Weekly World News and examination revealed no named sources, referred to a "hush-hush" investigation, and attempts by me and other friends to contact the person given the byline for the story were unsuccessful. E-mails about the story to yahoo and the WWN went unanswered. I then thought that if this was such a secret event, how did one source have so much detailed info about it while there are no other references to it anywhere else as you have pointed out balonO.

BTW, the link does not work directly but if you go to yahoo.com and enter "Carlssin" in the search feature, a list of links will appear which should function. Interestingly enough, though the article is dated late in March 2003, I seem to recall it actually appearing on yahoo very close to April fool's day that year. Some friends of mine and I noticed that and commented on it.

I guess we should each take this for what we think it is worth but until I have other valid evidence of this event, it remains doubtful to me. However, I do not recall reading any follow up about this person being bailed out or anything following this story whatsoever. Do you have any working links to that info balonO?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I didn't have any problem with the link. Apparently the guy turned an initial investment of $800 into a portfolio valued at over 350 million in just two weeks. The article then stated he was arrested for insider trading and that's when he confessed he was from the future. It would have been nice to hear when he thinks the stock market is going to crash and by how much, then we could see for ourselves. The article stated he went back before a big market crash.

Of course the news source is WWN or the Weekly World News. Home of the stories such as
www.weeklyworldnews.com...
"Fat Gal Smuggles Aliens Into US - Under Her MuuMuu!"

It would be interesting though if the above story were true about the insider trading arrest. Anyone that turns $800 into $350 million in two weeks would be investigated.

If someone from the future did foolishly think they could get away with such a big cash payout from the stock market, they obviously didn't have enough research. Our governments would love to get their hands on someone from the future willing to talk with valid information. They would disappear quite easily. Of course that is if something like this story ever happened. The WWN just makes me laugh hysterically at some of their stories.

Here's another link about this story.
www.snopes.com...

[edit on 20-2-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 20-2-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I believe the article came from the Weekly World News, a tabloid paper that basically makes up wild stories. You can buy it in an American supermarket checkout line and the headlines are things like, 600 pound woman has bigfoots baby. Anyway, a lot of websites ran the story on the internet as an April fools joke and it took off.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is, indeed, a hoax.

Read all about it on Snopes:
www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

join