It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s the Yield Curve? ‘A Powerful Signal of Recessions’ Has Wall Street’s Attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Source

On Thursday, the gap between two-year and 10-year United States Treasury notes was roughly 0.34 percentage points. It was last at these levels in 2007 when the United States economy was heading into what was arguably the worst recession in almost 80 years.

Every recession of the past 60 years has been preceded by an inverted yield curve, according to research from the San Francisco Fed. Curve inversions have “correctly signaled all nine recessions since 1955 and had only one false positive, in the mid-1960s, when an inversion was followed by an economic slowdown but not an official recession,” the bank’s researchers wrote in March.

So what do you think? Are we on a good path, economically, or are we headed towards another 2008?

Trade wars are starting over tariffs and layoffs have started happening across the country. As my magic eight ball used to tell me, 'outlook not so good.'

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think we are in some sort of soft recession

The Millennials and Gen Z have no purchasing power because of the last few years of inflation

Ive made a few post on the debt to income ratio which is also indicitive of narket trends as well

Also my position is that Amazon cannot account for all of the retail apocalypse sales loss

I know everyone didnt start buying their coffee from Amazon all of a sudden.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wages have not risen with inflation for a very long time. More recently, QE, followed by stealth QE made matters worse. Time for more debt and bailouts for the TBTF.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you kidding? Everythings just honkey dorey!

Trump signs $1.3 trillion spending bill despite veto threat on Twitter...

...Federal spending bill includes $100 million for Self-Driving Cars research
edit on 26-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Totally agree.

As an anecdotal example.

There is a factory in town known as one of the best jobs in the valley.

They are a aluminum plant they recycle and sell bulk aluminum and make car parts with CNC machines.

$19 an hour union. Gotta pay for your benefits and no pensio .

Hate to break it to everyone but not aure if youve made 19 an hour or not but after benefits and taxes you end up taking home a little over 500 a week

Now extrapolate that out to half of america because 50% of Americans make 18 or less

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the president, congress, banks, wall-street, etc do.

FIAT currency will ALWAYS fail, eventually. You can prop it up for a century if you're clever, but sooner or later it goes into a feedback loop of printing money and needs a hard reset- which means making a new currency and ditching the old one, causing everyone to lose their money.

The banks have been doing this for hundreds of years- the current iteration plaguing the world is the US Dollar. The crooks in office back in 1913 allowed for a private bank to take full control of the money in the fastest growing country on the planet, and they used their same old dirty tricks with a new approach of secrecy to dupe that country out of itself. In the 70's, their plan was working. Their plan to completely steal a country from itself had a 100-year timeframe, and they were coming up on the last quarter... only problem? The people who started this plan were dead and gone, and the torch had been passed. The people running the show didn't remember what it was like before they were in charge. It's a blind horse lead by a blind dog.
They killed the gold standard and allowed rampant inflation to run free- meanwhile the banks own a bigger and bigger percentage of everything from the land you live on to the truck you drive in to the company you work for- it all belongs to them. We've been turned into slaves through this system, and they've grown quite comfortable in their position. Now that they own everything, why would they want anything to change?

Short answer, they don't. They're happy with the way things are... but their system was never meant to last more than a hundred years. US Dollars were supposed to fail by 2013, but nobody in power wants to deal with the mess that would create- so they just kick the can down the road, print a few more dollars, "borrow" more imaginary money, raise your taxes to pay interest on that loan. Interest to who? For what?
I'd love to lend the government a few billion comac bucks at 10% interest, but I can't go to the store and buy bread with comac bucks. The banks can, and they do exactly that.

We go to work to earn money from them, so we can pay them back interest on money we borrowed from them. Money they did not earn, they simply made it up.

And that system has taken over the world.

Honestly, it makes us look pretty stupid.

new topics

top topics

join