It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey installs 764 km security wall on Syria border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jake56
So why can Turkey build a wall and the USA cannot. Even the Pope gets his comments in against a USA wall. Sure Turkey can use the excuse of ISIS but so can Donald Trump. Since the USA is so "jacked" up on the Russians then take a look at next election in Mexico in 2018 and potential of Russian influence.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Because their country isn’t full of whinging Progressives.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

Hey thanks for the response! Thought I would hit you with some religion. Last time I went to church was many years ago. I also voted for John Kerry.

HA!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Nah. The other guy brought the evil stuff in. Hey Turkey is great at building walls. Its in their DNA and its simply about survival. As per Wikileaks

The Walls of Constantinople are a series of defensive stone walls that have surrounded and protected the city of Constantinople (today Istanbul in Turkey) since its founding as the new capital of the Roman Empire by Constantine the Great. With numerous additions and modifications during their history, they were the last great fortification system of antiquity, and one of the most complex and elaborate systems ever built. Initially built by Constantine the Great, the walls surrounded the new city on all sides, protecting it against attack from both sea and land. As the city grew, the famous double line of the Theodosian Walls was built in the 5th century. Although the other sections of the walls were less elaborate, when well-manned, they were almost impregnable for any medieval besieger, saving the city, and the Byzantine Empire with it, during sieges from the Avar-Sasanian coalition, Arabs, Rus', and Bulgars, among others. The advent of gunpowder siege cannons rendered the fortifications vulnerable, but cannon technology was not sufficiently advanced to capture the city on its own, and the walls could be repaired between reloading. Ultimately the city fell from sheer weight of numbers of the Ottoman forces on 29 May 1453 after a six-week siege. The walls were largely maintained intact during most of the Ottoman period, until sections began to be dismantled in the 19th century, as the city outgrew its medieval boundaries. Despite the subsequent lack of maintenance, many parts of the walls survived and are still standing today. A large-scale restoration program has been under way since the 1980s.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

TThe US Department of Agriculture had no choice but to have black currants banned because the plants became a vector for a disease that threatened to annihilate all pines in America. It might seem extreme, but this measure was necessary to save the logging industry at that time. Today, some states lift the ban as new ways to fight this disease are developed. However, this fruit remains very rare in the US.ext

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: musicismagic
Today, the masses with the big mouth in America controls the destruction of America as it once was, why I don't know, been away for 25 years.

Seriously! When we starting admiring Turkey and wanting to emulate them, things are pretty messed up, right?

Do you know that Hitler admired Turkey? He looked up to them, and said " the world didn't do anything about the Armenians, surely they wont care about the Jews". Turkey had slaughtered 1.5 million of my people in an attempted genocide. My family just barely escaped two years earlier.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jake56
So why can Turkey build a wall and the USA cannot. Even the Pope gets his comments in against a USA wall. Sure Turkey can use the excuse of ISIS but so can Donald Trump. Since the USA is so "jacked" up on the Russians then take a look at next election in Mexico in 2018 and potential of Russian influence.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

So does Israel, as walls are effective

edit on 16-6-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I wonder why the Vatican hasn't demolished its walls.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: musicismagic
Today, the masses with the big mouth in America controls the destruction of America as it once was, why I don't know, been away for 25 years.

Seriously! When we starting admiring Turkey and wanting to emulate them, things are pretty messed up, right?

Well it was our idea first, so, Turkey is really just admiring and emulating us, and we would just be admiring and emulating ourselves in that case.

But, I'm just curious... Israel has an extremely effective system of extensive security fencing and also concrete walls. Would it also be "pretty messed up" to admire and emulate Israel? They have had like, less than a few dozen illegal immigrants in like, over a decade I think?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Aww, Jeez. You never let me have any fun.

lol! I am on you like white on rice! (you know why)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Ever picked black currents? No ha because you can not they are illegal.
Does this mean you guys do not have vimto?.

Nope. Never heard of Vimto, but I see Amazon sells it. Should I try some? It sounds pretty sugary.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sometimes borders are needed.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Are we at war with Mexico?

Is Mexico at war with its southern neighbors? Because they're building a wall on their own southern border, for exactly the same reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I wonder why the Vatican hasn't demolished its walls.

For the same reason so many liberals live in gated communities, and most of the very same Hollywood celebs that tear into Trump's wall walk around with armed bodyguards.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Is Mexico at war with its southern neighbors? Because they're building a wall on their own southern border, for exactly the same reason.

Most of the Central Americans I've met really don't like Mexicans, but if they want to get to the U.S. by land, that's what they have to go through.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join