It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Kim sign agreement; N Korean leader to get White House invitation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: wakeupstupid

3. So you bailed on your obligations like Trump did (often). Awesome. Remind me not to make any deals with you.

The US Government made those deals with me, and reneged on a contractual obligation to taking care of a wounded and permanently disabled soldier. Medical bills piled up, I said shove it. Sue me, oh wait?

I held up my end of the bargain, medically retired and honorably. With Tricare Prime, Medicare and the VA Hospital I still acquire bills monthly for those same injuries as they follow me through life. Thank you, sir. I can understand the inclination to attack now, clearly.

Maybe some other predator made those deals with Trump, who am I to know. I can see how bankruptcy is a great "red line" with bad deals. I haven't seen his taxes so I wouldn't know.

My deepest respect for your gift and sacrifice to the freedom of all who want it. I was so lucky to never be in a real situation when I was in. Over my head about 10 meters with training about as close as I got to bullets whizzing by me. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if NK became more reliant upon the protection of the US instead of China?
The US would have another ally - right on China's doorstep.
This could give us even more leverage in trade agreements, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ah, so you think they could simply squash any launch. That would be interesting, and completely plausible.

As the smartest thing on this planet, you'd think we would have found a better alternative to war.

I must say nothing compares to building WMD's in the animal world does it?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Remember when Trump was gonna get us into a nuclear war?

Maybe all the "experts" who failed to resolve this problem for the past 30 years don't know as much as they think. This isn't a done deal, but it's significant progress. China will be working hard to undo it but we have a chance.

Perhaps those who don't think his approach to Iran will work should remember this moment.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: musicismagic

How much bribe money will we send to Kim Jong for his agreement? I'm sure Trump can trump Obama's 1 Pallet of $100 dollar bills, by sending 2 pallets!

Well, they print the damn things like crazy anyway, and back it by nothing, so would it not be an insanely cheap way to get rid of a would-be nuclear threat to America?

If so, we need to invoice NK for the ink.

Ink is too expensive these days

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I hope this works out well for NK, the US and the rest of the region.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All the idiots saying Un got legitimacy and is playing Trump.. JUST LMAO>

Like no one had ever heard of him before last night . Morons..

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I hope this works out well for NK, the US and the rest of the region.

I can agree and star that.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Both men walked to Trump's bullet-proof limousine, nicknamed"The Beast", and looked in at the rear seat, with Trump apparently showing Kim something inside.

To heck with peace discussion, I want to know what Trump showed him.

A future 'prize'.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agreed. If NK is willing and able to make true progress and dismantle their globally dangerous nuclear weapons program, then they have shown themselves worthy of joining the international US world order.

Glad to see we're stopping our useless military exercises on their borders. We should do the same RE: Russia, as well.

Time to put the Democrat foreign policy failures (and the aberrations they created) to sleep once and for all. The new world order is one of cooperation, prosperity and peace through overwhelming strength

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From what is coming out in the news, basically same points as previous deals.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Every politician is always attacked. That's the way it works.

Trump didn't do anything here. Not a thing. What is there to follow through on? Read the thing. There is nothing of substance, except maybe the repatriation of bones.

Actually Phage, he did agree to something that he will probably follow through on;

No more joint military exercises with S. Korea. And, while that IS a big deal, it is more of a "thing" to Kim than it is to us. To us it represents a failure by our beloved idiot in chief, who just wound up a great weekend of betrayal to America.

edit on 6 12 2018 by majickJimi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Is it normal to keep the contents of the agreement from the people this long?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
From what is coming out in the news, basically same points as previous deals.

Except that we didn't give him sanctions relief up front like we did last time. He has incentive to follow through this time, to get the sanctions taken off and get the economic help. He also met the President, agreed on broad terms and they signed something themselves instead of having one of their lackeys do it.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
You guys don't remember the last three times North Korea said they'd denuke hey? Collective amnesia? This looks like the 2005 agreement only with less forceful language.

There are no detail, no dates, no time limits, no metrics, just vague assurances to do something someday.

In other words, we got nothing and Un got the optics of being treated as an equal by the POTUS. The flags side by side. Un has been legitimized on the world stage and has a decade's worth of fresh propaganda to dump on state TV.

Trump got a handshake and a photo op. Plus propaganda to dump on state TV.

And for those Red Caps who I know are triggered by this already, for god sake grow up. Nobody wants war with North Korea. But we know that North Korea will not get rid of their nukes. These kind of agreements have been done in past but North Korea always broke it. People are very pessimistic because they have done this for decades.

He also got a press release from Trump and video on CNN than Kim is a great leader who loves his people. And he got Trump to call our military exercises in SK provocative war games and (a surprise to the US military and SK who weren't informed of this ahead of time... though it seems China was) a promise to stop joint military exercises in SK.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
As the smartest thing on this planet, you'd think we would have found a better alternative to war.

We did. That's why war has been decreasing for a century. As it turns out, global trade is a fantastic alternative to war.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: crtrvt
You guys don't remember the last three times North Korea said they'd denuke hey? Collective amnesia? This looks like the 2005 agreement only with less forceful language.

There are no detail, no dates, no time limits, no metrics, just vague assurances to do something someday.

In other words, we got nothing and Un got the optics of being treated as an equal by the POTUS. The flags side by side. Un has been legitimized on the world stage and has a decade's worth of fresh propaganda to dump on state TV.

Trump got a handshake and a photo op. Plus propaganda to dump on state TV.

And for those Red Caps who I know are triggered by this already, for god sake grow up. Nobody wants war with North Korea. But we know that North Korea will not get rid of their nukes. These kind of agreements have been done in past but North Korea always broke it. People are very pessimistic because they have done this for decades.

He also got a press release from Trump and video on CNN than Kim is a great leader who loves his people. And he got Trump to call our military exercises in SK provocative war games and (a surprise to the US military and SK who weren't informed of this ahead of time... though it seems China was) a promise to stop joint military exercises in SK.

Make nth Korea great again..... Wait what.... Classic stuff here, it's interesting watching trumps hardline supporters come up with all these reasons why this is great, especially considering many of them were calling for preemptive strikes just a few months ago...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join