It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi!One more awake at the wheel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hi all! After several years of lurking on general and more precise subject matter I’ve decided to open an account and give it a go....I have always been a good listener and have become more vocal in the past several years about many subjects.

A little about myself...I am a huge music fan, love the arts, and am a mom. I do not like,trust, or believe half of what mainstream media has to “say” in fact, if I see something on a site I will come here to see what the ATS family is reporting and commenting about the subject.

It all started years ago when I was doing re-search about a sink hole in LA, and something with the news reports just did not add up so I stumbled upon a thread here that was SO long but the whole ATS family were so engaged and helpful with each other and the person who created it...he was just looking for answers for something that was happening in his community. Needless to say at that point I was hooked!!
[[being new here I didn’t know if I could uplink the thread hence the vagueness but I would be happy to with a little direction]]

I grew up in a very religious family...southern baptists..because of all the fire and brimstone I stopped attending church at a younger age and in my early 20’s began seeing a couple who did Reiki. They opened my eyes to SO much & I began attending some meditations and from there I’ve become very interested in how the mind and body work energentically.

I’m all about love but I’m also a realist and do see what is going on around the world, especially here in the good ol USofA. I know I’ve heard and read a lot were people constantly say that “everyone is asleep at the wheel” and I consider myself to be someone is who very much awake & sometimes I wish I wasn’t...ya know?

I have not been able to pin point on assigning a political label or affiliation for myself. Every time I try I don’t quite fit in any mold and then it just becomes a mess..lol.

Well anyway, hope to become more vocal on ATS forums and look forward to hopefully getting to know the family

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: aa1384

Welcome to ATS! Pull up a chair and enjoy your time here.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: aa1384
I have not been able to pin point on assigning a political label or affiliation for myself. Every time I try I don’t quite fit in any mold and then it just becomes a mess..lol.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal democrat who supports any and all labor rights issues.

FDR's speech from the 1936 Democrat National Convention seems MORE true today than back then:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Welcome aboard.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
FDR.....LOL!

Welcome to ATS, glad to have you aboard.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

new topics

top topics

join