It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me with a gif?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So I was trying to make a avatar/gif for my pic that shows when I comment but I can’t seem to figure it out. I know that a lot of you are savvy with this sort of thing. If someone could reach out and help me I would greatly appreciate it. I’ll even send you some brain wishes.....

Mods if this has been placed in the wrong forum please fix it and I am sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'd help you but I do not know how to.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I would help me also, but like you I don’t know how to.
But thank you for your honesty.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I think I, and many others, have asked about your avatar. I don't remember the explanation, and probably never understood it. It's some kind of thing, right?

edit on 5-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Wait a second can you see my old one with the weird designs?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I think I, and many others, have asked about your avatar. I don't remember the explanation, and probably never understood it. It's some kind of thing, right?

Here is the artifact after I found it and before I washed out the stranded clay plug in the marrow hole. I made the handle for it out of a piece of fire wood and used just an axe to shape the wood. files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I would help me also, but like you I don’t know how to.
But thank you for your honesty.

One of the best replies ive ever seen.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Where you've got 'scribble scrabble', add the gif there, like this [pic ] pic here [/pic ] Just be sure its the adequate size. Make sure you've uploaded it to your account first.

Sorry did you mean your avatar or ...?
edit on 5-6-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Is there any way to break that down as if I am a child. I don’t understand what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

See where I added [ pic ] ? do that at the beginning and end it with [/pic ] but Do Not add spaces between them like I just did. Add your picture or photo in between those. For example happy.gif

[pic ] You see I added a space between the word pic and ] this? Don't add any spaces, just type it as one line.
edit on 5-6-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just a normal gif for an avatar like mine?

Just find a gif online, dwnld it to your desktop, upload it to your uploads, then copy and paste the 3rd string down(URL) on your uploaded pic when you open it in uploads. Then paste into account>default ats avatar.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I could help you.

I once built what I thought was a real cool animated gif for my avatar. A mashup of my cartoon avatar, the sephirot, Dali's crucifixion and a looped gif from Kubrick's 2001.

I was told to take it down because people said it could cause seizures. Which is BS because it was the wrong frequency.

So I took it down and won't bother with wasting my time on something similar again. I'm also blocked from accessing my images because I use an ad blocker, now (sorry, I'm also not going to compromise my web security just so ATS's affiliates can serve me ads).

Plus, I'm an old curmudgeon.

edit on 5/6/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Take the gif and reduce the amount of frames. Preferably every second, and go every 2 till it takes..

This is my face on a Monty Python gif. Had reduce wayyyyyy down to 6 frames for it to be able to upload to ATS.

Origional

edit on 5-6-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Just a normal gif for an avatar like mine?

Just find a gif online, dwnld it to your desktop, upload it to your uploads, then copy and paste the 3rd string down(URL) on your uploaded pic when you open it in uploads. Then paste into account>default ats avatar.

Just like yours but I have an idea of one i want created that I have not seen online.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

My GIF idea was a Russian flag as the background with Trump using his smug face and this puffy sad face of Putin orbiting around trump like a planet. I thought it would be funny.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Ohhhh....
Now thats far more in depth. I can only tinker with existing gifs and that's a whole different ball of wax for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

My GIF idea was a Russian flag as the background with Trump using his smug face and this puffy sad face of Putin orbiting around trump like a planet. I thought it would be funny.

What an idea. And you can't work out how to upload an animated gif?

perhaps these issues are linked.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Well I could figure out how to upload one thanks to older threads but making the gif is another game.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

a reply to: SummerRain

Well I could figure out how to upload one thanks to older threads but making the gif is another game.

Some swear by GIMP, has the ability - so I've heard - to do it. You just need to have the images, and manipulate them in frames.

certainly not my forte, I still use paint shop pro. it has a counter, animation shop, but again, the art is only as good as the artist.

I'm like ^^ above, I tend to deal with other art, and manipulate it.
I can never get out of my head the things I see, there is a definite problem between the processor and the machine in my case.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I made my GIF using Blender and some Linux software like ImageMagick

askubuntu.com...

The GIF's have to be a specific size 180 pixels across x 250 down. Maybe they can be longer.

new topics

top topics

join