It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Ranter Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We all think we are capable of ranting and raving and making it a spectacle to behold. But we all fail compared to the Wayne Gretzky of angered ranting.

He was a big band percussionist who went on tour, but also became legendary for his heated tirades. Comedians like Jerry Seinfeld were even inspired by bootleg tapes of Buddy Rich ripping his band apart while a hidden tape recorder was rolling.

Rich had an ego that fed a perverse sense of perfectionism and the need to control and dominate the players in “HIS” bands.

trackdrummer.com...

I played trumpet and stood next to him every night for almost three years from 1975-1977. We had a great band that loved and respected him and he was 95% a sweetheart the whole time. The only time I saw him as he sounds on the tapes is when he had a bad back, or a band full of young guys who couldn’t play well but thought they could, who showed disrespect towards him and thought they were too good to be there.

trackdrummer.com...

Here are those tapes. Warning, as the F-bomb is dropped a million times.

Because the audio isn't the best in some spots, I even found some transcripts to rant along with.
trackdrummer.com...

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard! Can you think of any famous rants or ranters who can stand next to this legend?

The man's other talent was being one of the greatest drummers of all time. He is often applauded for his expert technique, precision, and unmatchable speed.

edit on 1-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

he was a trip.
from the things i have read he was a real dick most of the time too.

legit though. one of the best ever.

pretty sure he and sinatra did not like each other

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

from the things i have read he was a real dick most of the time too.

Many people at the top of their craft seem to be, yeah.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard! Can you think of any famous rants or ranters who can stand next to this legend?

I think Pebbles the Parrot could hold her own against Buddy and maybe even win.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

The comments on that vid are gold

top topics

join