It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian S-500

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I need som help to debunk some information that i have gotten about the Russian S-500 missile.

The S-500 have gotten some attension from the vestern media these last years. I have gotten som very interesting information about the S-500 that i have not seen being posted by Our media ever so far. And that is that the New Russian S-500 is going to carry MIRV like capabilities like a intercontinental missile would have With more then one warhead.

A single S-500 capabilities is that it will carry more then one conventional capability and that is that it will have the ability to strike Aircrafts, cruise missiles and satelllites With the use of just one missile. That means it will carry at least Three missiles. In other Words it will have a MIRV like capability. I dont know what to Call it since i have never heard of these kinds of capabilities through a missile before, appart from Intercontinental nucklear missiles.

Russia are at present time also upgrading and building New massive stationary radars on land to fassilitate their new acheivments within military capability.

Do any of you have any thing to add?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Interesting. Just tagging this to follow.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This vid mentions the S500 but says its a future thing ??

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You never seen a missile with sub munitions before? thats all that is.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I understand sub munitions, I was more interested in how they are intending to implement it.

1. Are they independently guided?
  2. Are they going to be used as proxy flak?
  3. etc

That is more of what I was curious about.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, the Russian propaganda machine is already promoting some of the fantastic abilities of the S-500, such as via Sputnik News. It'll be able to engage multiple incoming ballistic weapons AND reach satellites.

Nothing will be safe.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's not a MIRV type system at all. The s-500 will basically have 3 entirely different missiles that it can fire, each weighted towards a certain target set performance envelope and range/altitude band.

What is unique, interesting, and potentially very dangerous for us is it's ability to utilize several different types of radars etc to build a real time picture of the battle space and feed mid course correction data to missiles in flight.

They have also put very large amounts of effort into making it all but impossible for us to jam their mid course correction data from getting to the missile which means that it can light it's seeker off later and to an extent use cheaper harder to jam seekers.

As far as s-500 being a "future capability" the newest s-400 triumf batteries can already fire at least one of the missiles which will be fired by Prometheus batteries. (I think it's their mid tier GP missile, mostly because they're working very hard to make certain key parts of Prometheus are as close to a total surprise as possible)

Hopefully this helps... ATS ate the good version of this post so you guys are getting this instead, but if you have specific questions i will try to find you answers to the best of my ability.

Also Yuppa, I'm almost positive that they're not using sub munitions on any of the 3 currently expected Prometheus battery compatible missiles.

But if you really want I can go get stuff on warhead specifics for anti-aircraft missiles & or ASAT's in general and look for specific information on Prometheus warheads.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

TBF paraphi, if anyone can do these things in an off the shelf air defense system it's Russia.

They've had working ballistic missile defense batteries protecting Moscow for literally decades already (and one of the things S-500 is replacing is some of the Moscow BMD assets)

So, they're confident enough in the system that they're going to protect Their capital with it at least partially. (That's a radical departure from the past)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

It's not a MIRV type system at all. The s-500 will basically have 3 entirely different missiles that it can fire, each weighted towards a certain target set performance envelope and range/altitude band.

What is unique, interesting, and potentially very dangerous for us is it's ability to utilize several different types of radars etc to build a real time picture of the battle space and feed mid course correction data to missiles in flight.

They have also put very large amounts of effort into making it all but impossible for us to jam their mid course correction data from getting to the missile which means that it can light it's seeker off later and to an extent use cheaper harder to jam seekers.

As far as s-500 being a "future capability" the newest s-400 triumf batteries can already fire at least one of the missiles which will be fired by Prometheus batteries. (I think it's their mid tier GP missile, mostly because they're working very hard to make certain key parts of Prometheus are as close to a total surprise as possible)

Hopefully this helps... ATS ate the good version of this post so you guys are getting this instead, but if you have specific questions i will try to find you answers to the best of my ability.

Also Yuppa, I'm almost positive that they're not using sub munitions on any of the 3 currently expected Prometheus battery compatible missiles.

But if you really want I can go get stuff on warhead specifics for anti-aircraft missiles & or ASAT's in general and look for specific information on Prometheus warheads.

Agreed won’t be multiple warheads on a single missile just different missiles that can utilize the same launch tube. Think of it like the Navy Veryical Launch System that can launch the SM-1,2,and 3 along with tomahawk and harpoon missiles. I’d be interested on the warhead info.

top topics

join