It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California County Wants Organic Pot (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
California is one of 11 states that allow for use of medical marijuana. Medicino County has requested that the state of California certify the marijuana grown there as being pesticide free.
California's Department of Food and Agriculture is studying the request.

www.foxnews.com
California County Wants Organic Pot
Friday, February 18, 2005

BERKELEY, Calif. — Medical-marijuana growers in Mendocino County — a Northern California outpost that is home to vegans, vintners, libertarians and aging hippies — want to have their pot certified as organic.

The notion of pesticide-free pot is making some people smile. But county officials say the issue is serious, and they are asking the state whether they can regulate pot-growing and pronounce some crops organic.

They say that with no system to regulate cultivation, consumers are at risk

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This of course flies into the face of the federal government’s mandates on cannabis.
The feds will still arrest anyone who has marijuana on their person or if they are growing it.
I would like to see request come to pass as the countries, such as Spain, that have legalized cannabis have seen drops in addictions.
NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) is assisting in trying to get this done. Maybe a step towards legalizing cannabis in the US

[edit on 18-2-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I always check my pot b4 I smoke it

join