It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lean on Me(1989) Political IssueS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lean on Me you've probably seen. Probably liked it as well. For those that haven't:

Lean on Me is a 1989 American dramatized biographical film written by Michael Schiffer, directed by John G. Avildsen and starring Morgan Freeman. Lean on Me is loosely based on the story of Joe Louis Clark, a real life inner city high school principal in Paterson, New Jersey, whose school is at risk of being taken over by the New Jersey state government unless students improve their test scores on the New Jersey Minimum Basic Skills Test. This film's title refers to the 1972 Bill Withers song of the same name. Parts of the film, including the elementary school scenes, were filmed in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Seeing it again it got me thinking of the issues it deals with. Economic. Race. Drugs. Education. Pretty much what we see wrong in society. This is a poignant scene:

Sums EVERYTHING up well imo. Economics through education and the rest will decline. I love the way they showed that we are all in it together. If you haven't seen this I recommend it. It isn't totally accurate but the message is solid.

Now if we could figure out how to actually fix the educational system it would go a long way.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

"I don't want you to blame the white man" Pretty true even today.

If that principal is around today, he'll probably smack those anti white blacks.

He'll also b******* slap those who produced that Garbage Netflix show "Dear White People"

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
If that principal is around today, he'll probably smack those anti white blacks.

Not quite the point. He was saying they were all in it together.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

"I don't want you to blame the white man" Pretty true even today.

He'll also b******* slap those who produced that Garbage Netflix show "Dear White People"

Today BLM would call him a racist uncle tom.

CNN wold dig up some dirt too.

Can't have people coming together now can we ...
edit on 6-5-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm referring to those like Al Sharpton and those whiny SJWs who called for Black Power

That Principal would have called them out for being whiny, entitled brats. If there are more principals like him, incidents like Evergreen would have never happened.
edit on 5/6/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

join