It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-15"S" Two Seater Appears to be a Growler Analog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The Chinese have been working on a two seater version of its J-15 fighter. The West had dubbed it the S model and had thought it was a trainer. However, the Chinese have now flown a version of it, which they are seemingly calling the D model, that has wing tip EW pods and probably other electronic equipment internal to the aircraft. An interesting and obvious difference is this new model lacks an IRST, unlike its

The J-15 is the carrier version of the Su-27 derived fighters. Given the small contingent the current Chinese carriers have, the introduction of the Ganker (as I am calling it, Growler x Flanker) would indicate either they are expecting the two current carriers to act as more support ships carrying a lot of jammers with little strike or they are expecting to have a carrier with a much larger capacity. Given what we've heard so far on the carrier front, I'd lean towards the latter. Big carriers are coming...Big CHINESE carriers.

www.janes.com...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I think China will use a larger variant of the J-F17 on future carriers. Just a hunch

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
wondered what that was saw one flying last month when was in china .
wasnt brave enough to try and get a photo of it .

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
J-15D and J-16D. The J-16D is land based, the J-15D is carrier based.

RAB

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi Guys and Girls,

I have seen the Russian version close in, and the thing screams detectable. The Russians know this as that's one of the reasons the engine are far apart (An attempt to stop one engine fire becoming two!).

Maybe enough to annoy poor neighbors but that changes quickly if you decide to upset the Japanese or the Australians.

Flip side MBDA may get more Meteor sales :-)

Kind regards

RAB

new topics

top topics

join