It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say ello to my lil friend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just adopted my new friend and let him run around all day!

Queue The Hangover piano song by Stuart.

What do Bunnies dreams of?
When they take a little Bunny snooze
Do they dream of humping Bunnies
Or Hallie Barry in her Catwoman suit
Don't you worry your pretty head full of hay
Were gonna get you back to playing in your naughty little way
And then were gonna find our best friend Dog
And then were gonna give him a best friend hug
Dog Dog Oh Dog Dog Doggie Dog Dog
But if he's been freaked out by binky rabbit dancing, well then we're # outta luck!

edit on 2-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: 1 sec

edit on 2-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: think i got it!

edit on 2-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: changed permissions

edit on 2-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: bloody 'el

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil

I will star and flag... however you linked Samsung One drive with no Bunnies or a lady in a Catsuit.

SO HELP ME GOD IF YOU LOVE HIM AND PET HIM GEORGE!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Seen here:

edit on 2-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

try again? I think you might of tried before I changed permissions and still working on the official way.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Hang on!

New time stamp πŸ˜†

Feeling your intentions..

UPPING ANOTHER STAR!
edit on 2-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: People like grapes

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I use a program which shall remain nameless that wont let me upload, despite turning it off and waiting several minutes! gah they must be really hurting to be so anal about it, they might as well be out on the corner panhandling with a sign saying
"look at me I can't feed my family!"

edit on 2-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: cuz because

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh There!! thx to crappy unused till now Microsoft edge!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I like your rabbit. When I was young we used to go to state fairs and would always look at the rabbits. We had one for a pet for awhile but my father kept it outdoors in a cage.

Now my step daughter got one that she keeps indoors. She and the kids already had 4 cats. Now the rabbit thinks it's a cat. It chases them and plays with them. This thing is adorable.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Thats pretty funny, does the (cabbit?) spite all humans as well?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beautyofperil
Just adopted my new friend and let him run around all day!

Queue The Hangover piano song by Stuart.

What do Bunnies dreams of?
When they take a little Bunny snooze
Do they dream of humping Bunnies
Or Hallie Barry in her Catwoman suit
Don't you worry your pretty head full of hay
Were gonna get you back to playing in your naughty little way
And then were gonna find our best friend Dog
And then were gonna give him a best friend hug
Dog Dog Oh Dog Dog Doggie Dog Dog
But if he's been freaked out by binky rabbit dancing, well then we're # outta luck!

This is the cutest bestest thing I've seen on ATS all day!
Thousands of stars from my heartπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Thousands more flags!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Rabbits are pretty cool animals, have you had one before, OP? If not, they're not hard to care for, but have a "sussing out" kind of learning curve to them, or more specifically, their behaviors.

We got one last summer, and the first thing we had to get used to was just how stubborn they are. When they don't want to do something, hang it up, they're not going to do it. Or if nothing else, they'll at least make it as difficult as possible to accomplish.
Our dude is pretty compliant most of the time, easy-going & then some, but when it comes time to head over to the vet and have his teeth trimmed (malocclusion) he's greased lightning making utter fools of the bipeds trying to corner him to go in the carrier.

Pardon the photo album & book backdrop, this is from a few months back when we were using barriers to train him to stay out from under the furniture (surprisingly, it worked)

Quick edit: he's a Lionhead. I keep hearing from people how skittish & nipping-prone that breed is, but he really is a very laid back rabbit and I find it hard to believe some of the negatives I've heard.

edit on 5/3/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well, my post came off as really rude, I know damn well I said your buddy looks cute as hell. I must have accidentally deleted it when I C & P'd the pic link :/

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

holy he is adorable! Ya this my first rabbit and the young padawan is learning quite quickly where to do his business and I also practice the barricade method across the house, I still have to lay down absorbant pads where he chooses to pee, I could leave him outside all day and the frist thing he does upon reentry would be go pee on the bed!! argh he is lucky he is cute

I kind of want to get a lop earred one like a dutch breed probably, my current lil guy is an american breed and isn't at all playful, I think his bloodline probably got crossed with a pig cuz he sits in his poobox whenever he can eating hay, it is kind of great though cuz he dosent chew or dig at all whatsoever except sometimes at his sleeping spot he gets in the occasion dig. So timid at first though! but ya he lets me brush him though and I haven't had him a week yet.
edit on 3-5-2018 by beautyofperil because: cuz whoops

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'm glad you like it! do you have rabbits?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: beautyofperil
a reply to: Nyiah

holy he is adorable! Ya this my first rabbit and the young padawan is learning quite quickly where to do his business and I also practice the barricade method across the house, I still have to lay down absorbant pads where he chooses to pee, I could leave him outside all day and the frist thing he does upon reentry would be go pee on the bed!! argh he is lucky he is cute

Thanks, he's a pretty boy, and I'm fairly sure he knows it. He just has that kind of attitude XD

That's pretty much what we did! I used old fashioned cloth diapers on my kids when they were babies, and they held up so amazingly well that they're household rags now. We noticed once that he was leaving his nuggets mostly on a diaper rag soaking up a drink spill, and we got the idea to leave one on a plastic tote lid. Before he came across it, he was leaving puddles everywhere. I swear he trained himself, we didn't do anything other than put an old cloth diaper down on a lid for his Out Time. He took right to it, and hasn't left a puddle (or a nugget trail) anywhere since.
We still set the lid & diaper rag out, but he prefers to go back to his hutch to do his business now.

He did get up on the couch a few days back to bug my older kid & went on her blanket, but I'm not sure that wasn't just a plain ol' accident. I think he got a little excited being on verboten territory (the couch is a big no) and just...peed. At least it was on the blanket, that's a lot easier to clean than a couch cushion is.

He lives in the living room, we figured the highest traffic room was probably the best place to keep him for socializing. There's usually always someone in there, so he's always getting talked to & petted (and boy oh boy, is he a sucker for pets)
For a while after we first got him, we didn't use any barricades to keep him from other areas of the house. He was leery of going out of the room, but he would go around the corner. We decided it was probably best to block off the corner to the stairs so nobody accidentally stepped on him during his late-night Outs (his favorite time of day to be a hyper lunatic when he isn't being lazy)
After a while, we quit putting up stuff to block that off, and he hasn't set foot there since. I didn't quite mean for him to think he should never go that way, but that's how it accidentally ended up.

I'm not sure what his beef is with the kitchen, though. That was never blocked off, but he refuses to go in there no matter what (not even for a fresh bit of fruit, and he's an apple addict)

I kind of want to get a lop earred one like a dutch breed probably, my current lil guy is an american breed and isn't at all playful, I think his bloodline probably got crossed with a pig cuz he sits in his poobox

We were considering another rabbit for him for company eventually, but after seeing how he likes to scare the s# out of the cat at random (darting from one end of the hutch to the other to make the cat hit the ceiling, for example) we came to the conclusion that he might not be as lonely as we thought. And he's about a year old, it would have been better to get one of the litter mates with him. Older rabbits take more time to get used to a buddy, multiple months of separate enclosures to get used to presence & scent. If ever. From what I understand of it, it's a coin toss, they'll either bond, or they'll hate each other & be hostile.

So yeah, him & the cat can be antagonistic friends separated by the hutch bars. That works, they keep each other entertained enough.

Oh, and the litter pan? Yeah, didn't work with mine, either. It's his lounging box now. He has a specific spot to do his business in the hutch and only in that one spot but if you try to put a litter pan there, he'll just go somewhere else and kick back in the pan. It's like the rabbit equivalent of an old man in his recliner or something.

He already had a little cardboard box he loved like it was his most cherished possession, still has it. I put it in the hutch's nesting/privacy compartment, he sometimes bathes in there and that's it. The pan is apparently a MUCH more appealing thing to chill out in.

whenever he can eating hay, it is kind of great though cuz he dosent chew or dig at all whatsoever except sometimes at his sleeping spot he gets in the occasion dig. So timid at first though! but ya he lets me brush him though and I haven't had him a week yet.

They can take a while to really get used to you. Our guy wouldn't come out of his little starter rabbit cage for, geez...a week, I think? He had no issues with us sticking our hands in it, cleaning, food, brushing, whatever. But he wouldn't come out of it until he was damn sure of his surroundings & humans. I'm told ours adapted rather fast to us and that the norm is more around a month+.

Mine doesn't chew either. He used to when he was younger, but it's like it lost it's appeal or something. We've tried everything the vet could think of to suggest for him to chew on, and it's all a flop so far. He nibbles for a few days on new stuff, and then he's over it. The vet thinks part of the problem is the malocclusion (his teeth aren't aligned properly to naturally wear down) and the other part is just laziness. He is so lazy, lol. He'd much rather park his fluffy butt in his pan and watch the humans do their thing than chew, or even play. He hoards his toys, but won't play with anything.

I've never seen him dig per se. He will clear a path in his bedding on the bottom level of his hutch so he can stretch out on the bare bottom, but it's more like a squirrely home base slide kind of maneuver than digging. He's never done it to the carpeting, either.

Sooner or later, you'll figure out what kind of screw-loose quirks yours has. Mine has a toe fetish and loves to sneak up behind you and lick them when you're cleaning out the hutch. First time he did that, I about jumped out of my skin. I think he's doing it partly because he's a licker and LOVES to lick anything in sight (worse than a dog) and party because it gets a reaction -- he binkies big time the more you react. I put 2 & 2 together and stopped reacting, but he still will sit there and groom my toes. Whatever floats your boat, furry brother. /shrug
edit on 5/3/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Every time I scroll past this thread I read "ill friend". I hope your bunny is well.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmmmmm

when is dinner served?

Soooooo sorry, I just had to.

On a more serious note,

please take great caution

Rabbits can be deadly

let me link a documentary showing how vicious these cute fuzzy creature can be

warning, viewer discretion advised, may contain scenes to make you LOL

top topics