It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of Jesus in Early Christianity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

See? Nowhere, John ever wrote himself as "beloved disciple"Text

Yes you are correct and I must admit that there were other disciples in scripture who are also called beloved. There is nothing that states that John was the only disciple who is accepted as being the beloved. I should not have written my opinions as biblical literature and must apologize for being wrong.

As far as Jesus drinking the vinegar is concerned, all I was trying to convey was that perhaps all of the gospel accounts of the crucifixion were written by the apostles from other people's stories to them. There could have been some people who saw the sponge reach Jesus' lips and assume that he did taste of the vinegar from where they stood or sat. Also there could have been others who were standing at a different angle or a different distance and saw the sponge rejected by Jesus. We actually do not really know exactly whether Jesus drank of the vinegar or did not drink of the vinegar because all we have is different stories that were told to the different apostles.

But none of this really affects the facts that Jesus was crucified and died as the result of that crucifixion. It matters little to me that different people have different opinions of insignificant happenings. The intent of each author of each gospel is not at question here or considered as deliberate corrupt literature. People see things at certain distances and certain angles differently at times and this should not be read as corrupt literature.

I appreciate you and your postings. lol

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I just found this thread and watched your video. I wanted to thank you for bringing it here; I enjoyed it very much.

Even though not much was really new to me, it gave me a clearer understanding of the subject. Not many videos here are worth 30 minutes IMO.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join