It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yep, sometimes it is good news in this Posse Comitatus Forum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
wgntv.com...

Illinois’ richest man donates $10M to fight Chicago violence

CHICAGO -- Illinois' wealthiest man is stepping up to help Chicago's crime fighting efforts. A $10 million donation from Citadel CEO Ken Griffin is being heralded as a transformational investment -- one that can make the Chicago Police Department a national model.

When I read about people who do not have to lift a finger, but do it gives me goose bumps. This is a big deal and it shows compassion and true investment in the community. It is not all glamour and glitz. It is not poular showy stuff. This is hard investment in places that really matter, places that the citizens want to forget about. Even though Tony has reached dizzy financial heights he has not forgotten what really matters.

This is glamour and glitz to me though and I notice as do all the people who are intereste in transformation now we have the tools to do the job if we will have the spirit to inspire us to use the tools.

The UK could do with a bit of this. It only takes a couple of interested billionaires to be patrons and they get their name etched in philanthropical glory instead of everyone moaning and groaning how greedy all the rich dudes are as well as doing something really #ing positive with their power and nothing is more positive than caring about the world, no matter what religion you are. I hope Tony is a trendsetter.

I present Tony with "In The Ghetto" by Elvis. This is for you, Tony. I can sing this song really good on my Gibson J35. I am giving Tony a jewel here.

edit on 12-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I hope he follows his money and make sure it gets where he intended...instead of into the pockets of the Illinois Dem politicos...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sadly, that will probably all get squandered away and stolen by the crooked coffers of that great city of chicago.

It's one hell of a way to throw away a lot of money.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So that donation is going to allow for more secret detention centers, increased militarization of local police, and more patrols by officers to enforce unethical laws.

How is this good news again?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

This seems to be done with good intentions...but we all know with what the road to hell is paved.

Giving a government entity such a sum of money and relying on them to be good stewards of that cash may be a foolhardy approach, but not knowing the details and stipulations that he may have attached to the money, that's just an assumption.

I can't help but believe that he would have done better to take that $10M and start offering monetary rewards to people who speak out against crime in their areas that leads to arrests. Here in Cincinnati, there is a plague of people being unwilling to cooperate with criminal investigations, to include investigations surrounding the murders of children.

ETA: I meant to mention this from the OP article:

The Griffin donation is the largest ever made to Chicago's public safety system. Part of it will also go toward mental health and stress management resources for police officers.

Some of that money going toward mental health and stress management of officers is, IMO, a good use of money.

edit on 12-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

people don't browse the P. C. boards for good news..

i hope this money will not be pilfered to the execs and top brass and only a fraction of that 10mil will be put to good use.

im not a betting man, nor have I lost confidence in humanity, however I wasn't born yesterday to know the truth and psychological effects of "free money". especially in a corruption cesspool like 'chi' town.

so theres a good chance only a couple of hundred thousand will actually see the light of day.

edit on 12-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join