It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High resolution image of scud launcher at the Tonopah Test Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
link to image

Russian forum

original photo of open hangar door

What is interesting here is the resolution of the Tonopah Test Range "barn" where the scud launchers are stored. Nothing on Google Earth looks this sharp. The forum mentions Bing, but I went over to the site and their imagery is on par with Google Earth. Perhaps a little better, but not as good as what is on this Russian website.

Oh yeah, Russian website means surf at your own risk.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac
Oh wow, That is VERY clear and kinda creepy. Cool pictures to say the least. For some reason I can’t get the second link to work but I am almost certain that’s on my end. But man that first link is scary.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
SCUD rhymes with duds.
They proved to be pretty much be worthless in the first round of the Iraq Gulf war.
Pew pew.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Nothing to see here...oh wait there is!

It's pretty much common knowledge that the TTR acquires foreign tech to test their capabilities.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How that blurry satellite pic 'from tonopah' went form blurry and Tonopah to "Scud " is as boggling as the notion that most mobile missile launchers look like that from two hundred miles up.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
How that blurry satellite pic 'from tonopah' went form blurry and Tonopah to "Scud " is as boggling as the notion that most mobile missile launchers look like that from two hundred miles up.

I'd like to have more of that blurry satellite imagery since it is better than what is on Google Earth and Bing.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
my husband is working a few miles from there-- too bad he can't get a ground photo. I don't imagine they'd welcome him in to poke around.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My post:

Your reply:

I'd like to have more of that blurry satellite imagery since it is better than what is on Google Earth and Bing.

Me too. Its not the imagery, more the conclusions drawn from it that concern me.

Not either, the notion of testing aam and recently lasers against scud type missiles, we've always done that. The German BI "Buzz bomb" was the prototype for US early testing of air to air combat missiles and radar...

Image search

edit on 2-4-2018 by intrptr because: clarity?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
False flag or counter measures/MASINT?

Hopefully they'd know all that's needed to know about SCUD systems after this many decades. Unless our adversaries have undertaken some type of upgrades (that could be applied to these SCUD launchers as well)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's not about knowing about them, it's about training pilots to find and recognize them from the air. During Desert Storm, they had entire groups of aircraft and Special Operations teams doing nothing but looking for mobile missile launchers, and they still found a fraction of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

threats

I haven't read about it, but I'm sure there is research for finding threats using drones and artificial intelligence. Especially with the Argus type wide coverage camera system.

Supposedly the DPRK is a master at hiding threats. They have tunnels and caves everywhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's what the AARS program was for, before they killed it. It was designed to penetrate Soviet airspace and find mobile launchers. There are UAVs that can do the mission, but manned aircraft are still the best way to hunt them, simply because of the number of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
what is with the russians and they having the best conspiracy sites in the world? some very good stuff there, strange that lil' corrupt putin doesnt censors it

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

As long as the Russian forums are discussing foreign countries, they probably get the Putin seal of approval.

I assume there is a stash of Soviet and Russian satellite imagery not subject to the US resolution restrictions. Google turns up nothing. But I have to believe that imagery of the TTR barns that was good enough to do roof inspections is not civilian.

If you want a time sink, this website turned up in my search:
empire.is...
The name is very informative. Basically the owner is trying to document every military base in the world.

new topics

top topics

join