It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone into jigsaw puzzles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
my daughter is getting super into puzzles. i kind of am too now. never was before.

if youre into them what is the maximum amount of pieces that you have completed?

any good resources to buy cool ones?

i was just looking at jigsaw jungle. check this one out. dubai. 4,000 pieces

www.jigsawjungle.com...

man you have to be a professional to do that #

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've put together a 1500 piece that was solid black.
It was an odd mix of relaxing and frustrating, but I did complete it.
It took about 3 months.
Haven't touched one since.
Mission accomplished and I am resigning.
edit on 31-3-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've put together a 1500 piece that was solid black.
It was an odd mix of relaxing and frustrating, but I did complete it.
It took about 3 months.
Haven't touched one since.
Mission accomplished and I am resigning.

damn thats not joke man.

i get super frustrated but i am starting to enjoy it more.
1500 pieces is a lot no matter whats on it. all black too?

did you mod podge it and hang it?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I broke it all apart and gave it to someone else.
I never heard from them again.
Forgot to mention it was black on both sides.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My wife is a jigsaw nut. Emphasis on the nut part. She broke her wrist about a month ago and all she did was puzzles, like 8 of them. I think her biggest one was 3000 pcs. If I like them I build frames and hang them, mostly nature ones. There is a 90-year-old lady across the street that is all she does. She told me she has one on her wall that is 10000 pcs. That is crazy.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It feels so good snapping in that last piece.
No drug can give that sense of euphoria.
Not one I've tried.
It's like watching the birth of your first child.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

There is a strategy for it.

We all broke on big one down over Christmas as a family. You sort out edge pieces and them do piles of pieces that look like they belong to other identifiable parts of the picture. Everyone would take a pile after the edges were completed and start working.

Then, we got to where people would just sort of walk by the table and jigger in a piece here or there as we did other things.

This is the same strategy we used to employ in the break room at a place where i worked. We'd get about 10 minutes between hours, so everyone would sort of jigger in puzzle pieces and the puzzles would rotate in and out as people would bring them

I do have one puzzle no one has done though. It's a bag puzzle of just a pile of pretzels, and all the pieces are fairly uniform in shape. It doesn't even have any edges.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is a strategy for it.

We all broke on big one down over Christmas as a family. You sort out edge pieces and them do piles of pieces that look like they belong to other identifiable parts of the picture. Everyone would take a pile after the edges were completed and start working.

Then, we got to where people would just sort of walk by the table and jigger in a piece here or there as we did other things.

This is the same strategy we used to employ in the break room at a place where i worked. We'd get about 10 minutes between hours, so everyone would sort of jigger in puzzle pieces and the puzzles would rotate in and out as people would bring them

I do have one puzzle no one has done though. It's a bag puzzle of just a pile of pretzels, and all the pieces are fairly uniform in shape. It doesn't even have any edges.
Put them all in press with a rectangular form and press the green button.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That is a great way to spend some time with your family TST, especially your daughter.

My mother is the puzzle nut in our family , and they actually have puzzle wars at the elderly care home she lives in. They argue about how long a puzzle should be left finished before starting the next one , on the puzzle table. They get super territorial about that puzzle table 😆.

I’ve sat with my mom when she was still on her own, and enjoyed doing a bit of puzzling with her .. but I could never do it hours on end like she did.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this one's fun... the pieces are interchangeable, so you have to figure out what order the windows go in based on the conversations and other clues.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I love puzzles. I used to sit up with my mom late at night and do puzzles.

I think 1000. Love Red Barns, Trees, and scenery.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
not sure what the biggest one I have done is but the spheres one was lovely to do and made such a beautiful picture at the end that I glued it onto a backing board and framed it.

More difficult ones are the ones where the picture on the box shows the scene from long ago and you have to piece together the same scene but with an uptodate setting. That one took a while! Pics and links below.

Amazon link

www.wasgij.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I love Ravensburger puzzles too

top topics

join