It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on T and C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
First let me say I am not complaaining, just merely seeking clarification.

I have recently recieved a serious violation for a post I made that basically to another posters quote and changed words in it.

Something like this.

Say a person typed "Trump is an idiot. His companies getting money from russia proves he is treasonous"

I then went in and linked this quote, but changed words, so it looked like "Hillary is an idiot. Her foundation getting money from russians proves she is treasonous.

(This wasnt the actual post, just an example).

I didnt mind my post being removed, but thought I would ask, is the violation the changing words in a persons quote?

I have no problem if that is the rule, I just was wondering for a little clarification so that I dont violate it in the future.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why not PM the staffer that initiated this action as opposed to bringing this to the membership who can't answer your question.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Well lets see if I get violently violated for this.
Your bit should have read:- Let me say you are complaining and you really don't want clarification.
Let's wait and see.
By the way good day Grambler.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Why not PM the staffer that initiated this action as opposed to bringing this to the membership who can't answer your question.

well for one the message specifically says not to reply to it.

Secondly, I feel that its worth getting clarification on rather or not reworking someones quote is allowed.

And I believe mods read these threads also, so why wouldnt they be able to answer the question?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Grambler
Well lets see if I get violently violated for this.
Your bit should have read:- Let me say you are complaining and you really don't want clarification.
Let's wait and see.
By the way good day Grambler.

I do want clarification.

I also thought that the quote thing happens often enough that it would be a question others may have wanted to know the answer to.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you got the violation for it, I'd say maybe don't do it again.

It is a pretty childish/tacky tactic.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

well for one the message specifically says not to reply to it.

That's because it's an automated PM. A reply would go no where. Directly PM the staffer.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well, because the answer will benefit everyone, no?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Short Answer: Yes, we do not allow members to quote other members, then change what they said. It's considered a serious breach of our rules and policies and we remove those posts when noticed or alerted to it.

Second: As has been suggested - always PM the staff member that actioned you for clarification, or use the Complain feature to ask questions like these.

Since the question has been answered: Thread Closed

top topics

join