It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus becomes Luke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the Paulian synoptic gospel....

And "the passion" actor takes the roll of Luke

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
the Paulian synoptic gospel....

And "the passion" actor takes the roll of Luke

www.glennbeck.com... ail&utm_campaign=20180319GBDAILY&utm_term=Glenn%20Beck

Reese is awesome.

edit on 3 22 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

Not very christian of him or is it?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thought you were going to say Luke Skywalker

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Would make a better movie lol..

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

My exact thoughts aswell.

I prefer the fantasy that's in outer space as opposed to the fantasy of this death cult stuff, it's way too depressing.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I wonder how the average Christian will react to the fact all of Paul’s teachings , which accounts for most of the Bible , are all based on “visions” Paul had 30+ years after the crucifixion???

I bet less than half of Christians know that already. I’m sure the move will down play it, but it should be impossible to leave out of the narrative.

Which lends Paul’s claim about all the credibility of Joseph smith’s.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2018 by JDmOKI because: Waste of time

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I wonder how the average Christian will react to the fact all of Paul’s teachings , which accounts for most of the Bible , are all based on “visions” Paul had 30+ years after the crucifixion???

Don't know where you get your information from. Must be the internet as it sounds like the misinformation of most Sunday school teachers. No Paul did not pen 13 or as some will believe even 14 epistles of the NT. In fact Paul penned only 7 letters of the NT. and possibly only 6 letters of the NT. These are Romans which is questionable, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, and Galatians.

There are seven letters of the NT that are credited as Pauline epistles but are in all scholarly reality pseudepigraphal letters penned by others and credited as Pauline epistles.

1st Corinthians was penned in Philippi by Stephanas, Fortunatus, Achaicus and Timotheus.
2nd Corinthians was penned from Philippi of Macedonia by Titus and Lucas.
Ephesians was penned from Rome by Eph'siym and Tychicus.
Philippians was penned from Rome by Epaphroditus.
Colossians was penned from Rome by Qolasiym, Tychicus, and Onesimus.
Hebrews was penned from Italy by Timotheus.
Philemon was penned from Rome to Philemon by Onesimus.

Paul was a great Hebrew scholar and had no need for a scribe as is shown in his seven letters.

Romans
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus,
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
Galatians

The letter of Romans is also in contention by many scholars. The other six letters can be confirmed as Paul's epistles as they are written at the onset as - "I Paul" etc - whereas the other eight letters are definitely not penned by Paul and not introduced as "I Paul" ---

The number of letters do not mean the bulk of the literature. Paul is credited as writing about 23 percent of the NT within 13 letters but I doubt that he wrote more than 10 percent within 6 letters. You can't rely upon Wikipedia as that information is greatly skewed and even in the scholarly circles you must be careful who you are listening to. University professors are the last to teach facts. Generally they sell books pertaining to their grant masters.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Luke means "light" which is what Jesus referred to himself as. Maybe there's some kind of symbolism behind this move?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Where did you get the info on who wrote the pseudepigraphal epistles? Because as far as I know no one really knows who wrote them. Did any of those supposed authors you listed ever meet Jesus inasmuch as a vision such as Paul's claim?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I agree Paul, at least, sincere with his accountability with "I, Paul.." Writings in his letters. It make a lot easier to distinguish his writings from gnostic anonymous writers. Even John ( of Patmos ) also wrote " I, John..." and his location ( Patmos Island ), as well as his era of writings, to prove The Book of Revelation's authenticity ( despite its heavily arguable contents ).

I wonder why on earth authors of the synoptic gospels such Mark, Matthew, Luke and John could not stomach such responsibility of their own writings.

edit on 22-3-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I wonder why on earth authors of the synoptic gospels such Mark, Matthew, Luke and John could not stomach such responsibility of their own writings.

Likely because they didn't actually write them...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where did you get the info on who wrote the pseudepigraphal epistles? Because as far as I know no one really knows who wrote them. Did any of those supposed authors you listed ever meet Jesus inasmuch as a vision such as Paul's claim?

Here is one clear example.

From Romans 16:22
'I, Tertius, who wrote this epistle, greet you in the Lord.[7]
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-3-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

For the vast majority of history Paul was considered the author.

For like 1850 years Paul was the accredited author.. it is only the last less than a hundred that scholars have taken the stance Paul was not the author.

By all accounts somewhere between 25%-50% of the NT was penned by Paul.

A guy who had never even met jesus.

No one argues that Paul was who really first established the doctrine.

A guy who had never even met jesus.

I just don’t think that is something the average Christian knows.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Well said Shadow. I can understand some of what others believe and I can also relate to those who doubt. Two thousand years is a very long time to try to understand anything. When the scholars try to understand, they generally combine all known extant MSS as well as fragments and use the majority information that does agree within that which has been found. But even so there are so many thing to consider that it is actually mind boggling. Dates of MSS. Substance of inks and writing substances. Geographical locations. Cultural influences. Authors similar work and many other stats must be considered. After all has been exhausted, then it does not even account for the fact that the fragment or extant MSS is probably a copy of unknown copies. We actually do not have even one autograph of either the NT or the OT.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
Another round of Paul-bashing?

Boring forum.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
" For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” - Galatians 5:14

Paul knows Jesus Christ but also added some of his own jewish beliefs.

new topics

top topics

join