It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping out others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Let’s get started.
A year ago I caught a guy sleeping in a bathroom. He was paralyzed from the abdominal, down. He had stole some boxers but no one wanted to get him in legal trouble.
I went into the the bathroom he was in and wanted to talk to the dude. We talked and it turned out he was about my age. He moved here with a GF and she broke up with him. I didn’t ask why. But he was homeless and stealing underwear. I asked if he would meet me in two days at that exact spot. He agreed and did so. When I walked in the kind lady was crying and pointed to the bathroom. When I got to the door there was a man. He was in his wheelchair but was still standing higher than anyone I know . I was in disbelief. He actually met me! Before I got there I got a pre paid phone and put 40USD on it and had got him a bus ticket to his grandmother over 700 miles away. I also stuffed a 100 bill in his bag when he was getting in the taxi.
Some times I cry wondering what ever happened to him. Other nights I cry hoping that a grandmother is happy again.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
IDK why I decided to share this but it has been eating me lately. I wish I did more.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Once a lady knocked at my door and asked for money cause she and her daughter were hungry. I said no money but wait outside and I will get some food together. She got pissed off and only wanted money.
That's when I stopped helping people

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I can see why you stopped helping people but this kid was helpless. I helped in the best way I could. He got home and a grandmother was happy.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I can see why you stopped helping people but this kid was helpless. I helped in the best way I could. He got home and a grandmother was happy.

You did a great thing.
No question

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

There was a Vietnam veteran who I met in Richmond, Virginia and developed a friendship with.

One weekend my girlfriend and I gave him $150 and drove him to a Holiday Inn so he could get a room for the night, shower, shave, etc. He gave me some cool things he didn't want/couldn't carry around anymore, like some Samurai Swords and an "Alabama Slammer" knife. I also wonder what happened to him (I moved out of Virginia 7 or 8 years ago now...)

Thanks for sharing your story - you changed that man's life

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This has been bothering me for a while now and I don’t know why. I helped someone in a way that most others would not, I just don’t understand why I still feel upset?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You did a great thing and some folks just care more than others for sure.
Certain situations and people that I meet can effect me on a deep deep level and sometimes for quite awhile.
A friend of ours went to New Orleans over the past weekend. While he was there many folks came along asking for money, he felt if he started giving money that there would be no end so...
This one guy walked up to him and asked and he says there was just 'something' about his eyes. He reached in his pocket and gave the guy the few bucks cash that he had on him.
The guy said "Thanks Mike!" (not my friends real name but he has an odd name that would be hard to guess). It really freaked out my friend, I told him that the other guy may have been sort of following him around and just happened to overhear another in the party use his name. :/
It has really effected him and I wonder what if any changes (?) will come from the experience.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I helped a guy out of my basement once. He was vry thankful until he got in the kitchen and saw the tarp and hatchet.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
That is a very good story to say the least. Oddly my name is Michael and kinda made it weird. I just want all this to make sense so I can fall asleep happy.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
DUDE.....WTF lol that is one hell of a way to chear someone up!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ha! And masons proclaim they perform charitable deeds.
Or was the hatchet just to give him a "haircut"?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think most of us are willing to help others but the ones that refuse to help themselves ruin it for everybody.

My oldest brother couldn't keep a job while my dad was alive giving him money when he ran short.
Miraculously after my dad passed he manages to stay employed.
Coincidence?

But good for you. I hope your good deed got this guy headed in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
DUDE.....WTF lol that is one hell of a way to chear someone up!

You're absolutely right, I was totally cheered up by that event.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Good to know you thought things over first and had him walk to the disposal site.
Dead bodies are harder to handle than people realize.....

I know first hand.
Worked at a funeral home..

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

When I go about my day, sometimes I cross paths with a poor person, give them a few dollars. I wish it was more too, I been where they are, know what its like.

It doesn't 'fix' anything, just makes that persons day that tiny little bit easier.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Good on you, man. You helped him and yourself..Boy you really bloomed with that good karma.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think that's the whole "trick."

Not necessarily to stop helping people, but help them in a way that is discerning.

I have plenty of similar stories though. Its amazing how angry some will get when you foil their plans by having the gall to help in a way that isn't easily abused.

new topics

top topics

join