It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four And Five Year Old Drummers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how children so young can be so talented. These little Dudes rock!

I know there are more, so share what you find.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good Lord, kids are getting their talent at such a young age. Wow!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
They are adorable Night and so talented for their age.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I know! It is just astounding!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As a drummer for over 20 years, I would caution accolades for parroting others work.
Granted these kids can play the song they are listening to.
That dosn't make them musicians, or talented drummers.

No disrespect to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Hell, I'm close to 60 and still couldn't do what these kids have done. It is by mimicking famous musicians that they learn and will be influenced by later in life. Then, they can go on to perform original material.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
As a drummer for over 20 years, I would caution accolades for parroting others work.

No disrespect to them.

It does make them much more talented than me. And at a much younger age.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hell, I'm close to 60 and still couldn't do what these kids have done. It is by mimicking famous musicians that they learn and will be influenced by later in life. Then, they can go on to perform original material.

Not really. I can play some songs on the guitar but I cannot write my own songs, as I've not studied music theory. Drums get an easy pass for most people, because many people can keep a beat.
It is an easy instrument to play, but a difficult one to master. Something I learned at 16 after watching Dan Brubeck perform.
edit on 3-3-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
wonderful!! they can make all four apendigese do something different ...its magic to me

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

No disrespect to them.

As a drummer myself I kind of agree with you.

I wouldn't say drums are easy though; any instrument is easy if you just want to half-ass or learn a few beats/ licks to make a youtube vid or impress some friends.

I've taught myself plenty of piano melodies this way, but I could never noodle or groove or create anything with piano.

So there is a technical side of music, as well as a 'feeeling, passion, or creative spark' that goes with it.

These kids are decent on the technical side for their age...they don't look like they're having a great time though ha.

It's always fun going into a music shop and hearing the kids in the drum room doing the parroting thing...and then go slam down something they've never heard before

edit on 3-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

My Husband is an amazing guitarist and never studied music theory. He learned at a young age and was self taught. These days with internet access, you can look up sooooo many cool tutorials that are quite helpful and can help advance your knowledge and techniques. Have you ever tried any? There are also CD's of course.

What kind of music do you play?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
wonderful!! they can make all four apendigese do something different ...its magic to me

I find it most impressive.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

OMG, he got to play with Ozzy! Oooops, it's a cover band. Wow that guy sounds exactly like Ozzy!

So there is a technical side of music, as well as a 'feeeling, passion, or creative spark' that goes with it.

Oh yes!!!!

edit on 3-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Could I add this?

How awesome would it be to play with your musician idols!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm a jazz bum, although I will play through most anything. It's been a few years since I gigged, due to my kids. But my last steady music gig was for a church.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thank you for sharing that! Good job kids! Too bad the sound quality wasn't so great. Those kids will carry that memory with them for the rest of their lives. I mean...Zakk Wylde!!!!!! OMG!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We have a Chinese restaurant downtown where they have a room where they have jazz nights and famous jazz musicians play. It is quite popular. Keep playing, whether it is at church or even sitting around jamming at home. You'll get back out there one day.

top topics

join