It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern California: Possible Large Earthquake Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: CreationBro
Sorry to say this but science has not progressed enough to predict earthquakes, we do have good stats to say the time frame between the big ones hit....

It's like trying to guess when a balloon will pop.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Exactly!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

The East Bay area has been having earthquake swarms for the last 5 days.

While swarms dont generally mean a large fracture is imminent, sometimes they can.

This is possibly one of those cases.

5 nights ago there were 4 quakes all centered around the same half mile road. According to USGS they were all beteeen 2.5 and 3.0.

Each and every night since then there have been

2 quakes
3 quakes
3 quakes

And last night there were 4 again, and they started to creep into the low 3.0 mags.

Just when I woke up at 12:25pm pst, i immediately thought, earthquake.

Within 5 seconds, we had the strongest one yet, a 3.6 that lasted about 8 seconds, followed by a 2.8, thirty seconds later.

Again these were centered along this same road.

Considering a few things, like the periodicity for large quakes on the faultlines in this area (Calaveras and Diablo Thrust) which are estimated to be able to produce upwards of a 7.2, combined with what appears to be an upward trend in the freqeuncy and magnitude of these quakes...

Im not an expert, but my father and I spoke and we both think there is a significant possibility of a 6 to 7 magnitude quake centered in the East Bay near Mt. Diablo this weekend. The thing that confuses me is how much these quakes seem to almost resemble volcanic activity.

Take it for what its worth if you live in N. Cal. Id suggest being prepped with food and water anyway.

Im not saying 100% but it is significant enough to elicit concern; especially for those who live on top of the epicenter area (fml 😂).

What's the probability of a large one in that area setting off San Andreas > Cascadia Subduction Zone, Juan de Luca etc? I'm not well versed in earthquakes or the chain of events that could potentially follow.
edit on 2/23/2018 by imthegoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ugh no thanks, i'm still freaked out from the last one.

i'd rather be back in tornado alley, at least you know when conditions for those suckers are favorable.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
USGS Nor Cal Shake Map

I'm totally prepared, but what quakes are you referring to the USGS shake map has but two listed recently

That's bizarre. Ive been checking USGS every day since they started and they were all listed in the latest earthquakes list.

We didnt appear to have any quakes last night, hoping the activity has ceased.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join