It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. eases visa rules for science students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is changing visa procedures to make it easier for some foreign students wishing to study science or other technical fields in the United States.

Link

"This change sends a clear message that the U.S. highly encourages those with great scientific minds to explore studying and working in our country,"

This sends a clear message. The US could care less about the highly skilled and educated workforce it already has in Science and Technology. If you have even a mediocre skill in a Technology field come to america to study and work for much less than what these companies would have to pay for US Workers in the same field.

Under procedures outlined by Homeland Security and the State Department, international students will be able to keep their clearances for the duration of their academic programs, up to four years.

Now Homeland Security is in the market of putting high tech, science and technology jobs that require clearances in the hands of foreigners.

This looks like they trying to force a Larger gap in the classes. By forcing all those highly educated mid to upper middle class (mostly Democrats) to take lower paying jobs or multiple jobs to just get by, or lose their jobs to foreigners, who will work for less.

Phae

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
oh yes!!! let's train the terrorists how to build their nukes right!!! Wouldn't want them blowing themselves up in the process now would we?

Wonder if we taught the germans, japanese, or italians in our schools during WW2? What were the visa requirements back then, when we were fighting a REAL WAR?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
oh yes!!! let's train the terrorists how to build their nukes right!!! Wouldn't want them blowing themselves up in the process now would we?

Wonder if we taught the germans, japanese, or italians in our schools during WW2? What were the visa requirements back then, when we were fighting a REAL WAR?

Yeah didn't even think about that. Terrorist plays the part. Acts all innocent, US is Great! Bush is Great! Thanks for teaching me how to make better bombs! Oh and giving me a Top Secret Clearance so I can get to highly secure and dangerous locations like Nuclear Power Plants.

Then!

BOOM!

"Thank you for your ignorance Bush Administration."

Phae

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I can't help it, I find it mind-boggling. A rather small group of men come into our country, probably used plastic money to take flight lesson IN OUR SCHOOLS, board OUR PLANES, and using box cutters probably bought at one of OUR DOLLAR STORES, bring down the twin towers....

so bush spends billions of dollars taking down Iraq, but are arabs still being taught in our universities?? Are ANY still flying into our country on our planes? Can any go into any gunshop in america and buy the weaponry? I've got a feeling the answer is probably yes...and no one has ever answered the question with a no, they can't, or they aren't. SO, I assume I am right....
but, well, here's what I think might be going on with the visas.....Bush cut the federal aide and many universities have increased tuition, I believe....which means many students will be faced chosing between going deeply in debt, or dropping out......less students in the classroom, less revenue for the schools....oooops!! NY State universities can no longer afford those near million if not over salaries for their university presidents and such.....that just won't do....so, Bush, understanding their delema, well, is opening a way for them to get the students they need, to get the revenue they need, so they can have their big salaries!!!!

It's just an economical issue here....and well, of course Bush will put more concern on our economy that any national security threat, won't he???

(being very very sarcasti here, so much so, I'm afraid you'll miss it.)

top topics

join