It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of directions!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Jefferton, you seem to have somewhat mellowed in your old age, but I remember you as being a major instigator back in tha' day.

Buyer's remorse?

Have a good one, Man.

That actually might be true.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Ummm...dude...you really are a bot...

Sad...very sad...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

This is a second time writing this..so I'm getting lazy (sorry). I've found some subjects that may be interesting and make good threads that you could start if you want. I haven't researched them because currently I am researching for another thread. But they seemed to be interesting:

1. Desertification ...

Many of the world’s deserts are growing larger every year. For example, the Sahara Desert has expanded to the south by another 250 km since 1900. This accounts for nearly 6000 square km.

2. Blood farming

It’s just as crazy as it sounds. People are chained up like slaves and “milked” for their blood. This has been a growing problem in poorer countries like India. One particularly famous case came to be known as the Blood Factory by the Indian media. A farmer named Papu Yadhav was found to be holding numerous slaves on his property and bleeding them twice a week for over 2 years. But Papu wasn’t alone. There were even nurses, accountants, and delivery men involved in the blood farming ring. Sadly this type of blackmarket tends to flourish in poverty stricken countries where hospitals are overburdened.

3. Antibiotics are failing

Since they are often used unnecessarily (on livestock for example), bacteria are slowly becoming resistant.

4. Big banks

The big banks are doing pretty much the same stuff they did that caused the Great Recession in 2008, it’s just got a different name…CDO or Collateralized Debt Obligation.

5. Slavery

There are nearly 30 million slaves in the world. That is more than at any other point in human history.

6. Pororoca ...

Twice a year, between the months of February and March, Atlantic Ocean waters roll up the Amazon river generating the longest wave on Earth.

The phenomenon, known as the Pororoca, is caused by the tides of the Atlantic Ocean which meet the mouth of the Amazon River in northern Brazil. This tidal bore generates waves of up to 12 feet high which can last for over half an hour.

7. 55 things that kids growing up today won't know ...

1. That feeling of getting out a VHS tape and then being so #ing mad when the last person who used it didn’t rewind it

2. What 9/11 is

3. That all technological problems can be solved by just blowing into the cartridge

4. How exciting it is to unwrap that Blink-182 CD you’ve wanted so badly on Christmas morning and then rip open the plastic with your teeth

5. That real friendship meant having the persistence to find your friend’s number in the phonebook (Or you could just ask them, but what fun is that?)

I think some of these are pretty cool, but , of course, that is personal preference. Hope you find something you want to start a conversation about! And mostly it took me 5 minutes to look this up and about 10 minute to write this out (because I had to do it twice..grrr)

Anyhow, there's some things to get you started!

Have a wonderful day!

blend

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

You rock!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Kind of reminds me of a bunch of sales people trying to sale me something I don't want to buy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join