It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall Of Troy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What do you mean Negroid?? The Gods of Egypt looked like typical East Africans to which the ancient Egyptians mostly sprang from , and where did you get the idea of other Africans or non African foreigners being generally castrated, they generally lived their lives out in Egypt and breed with the locals, or each other in Egypt., a eunuch was a high office in ancient Egypt, they were no mere slave.

Isis.

Bes.

Hapi.

Hercules depicted as an African fighting Egyptians.. Greek vase.

Kirke, Daughter of the Sun

Kirke (Circe) is the daughter of Helios (the Sun) and the Okeanid, Perseis, which would make her the grand-daughter of Okeanos (Ocean). Kirke was also the sister of king Aietes (Aeetes) of Kolchis (Colchis).

On her island ... in her palace ... Kirke waits for lost sailors to come wandering to her door as supplicants. Normally, a traveler is treated as a special guest but with Kirke, travelers are drugged and turned into animals to serve her as she sees fit.

Memnon flanked by Amazons who fought Achilles at Troy.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Cool, those are beautiful items.

There is some Asian eyes on two of those.

If Achilles was real and was a dark African, then the whole 'dipped in and held by his heels' part makes sense for the tale. Compared to white people on either side the dark skin would be like a shield.

Achilles humanity would be getting whacked on the heel and dying. So keeping with the idea of myth being based on truth, maybe he was hurt in the Achilles Tendon and slowed in battle that led to his death.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Now i can't prove this to my friends.

Every where I go like this I get all white looking Gods and Goddesses depicted in art.

en.wikipedia.org...

And we can argue wiki is slanted but that looks compelling and just History. Plus their junk is there for all to see and there is truly no way those are Negro body parts there.

Ok another all white looking with junk to go with it.
www.britannica.com...

I wish to know more on this conundrum. Have we been lied to for 3000 years over this?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Spider879

Cool, those are beautiful items.

There is some Asian eyes on two of those.

If Achilles was real and was a dark African, then the whole 'dipped in and held by his heels' part makes sense for the tale. Compared to white people on either side the dark skin would be like a shield.

Achilles humanity would be getting whacked on the heel and dying. So keeping with the idea of myth being based on truth, maybe he was hurt in the Achilles Tendon and slowed in battle that led to his death.

Well sloe eyes also a trait among "some" Africans, and no ! Achilles was never black, the casting director mucked that up unnecessarily, the ancient Greeks never shied away from having black heroes and heroine or connecting with black ppl, but Achilles was not one of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Jostoneman, if you don't mind, may I ask where you are from.
In any case the Gods of the Greeks would look like how most Greek would look, however they sometimes tried to link their deities to Nile valley Gods, or themselves to Nile valley ppl. sometimes. Hence we get stories like the oricles of Dedona and wayward Egyptians colonizing Greece.

prophetesses 52 of Dodona. They say that two black doves flew from Thebes to Egypt, and came one of them to Libya and the other to their land.

accordingly: and the dove which went away to the Libyans, they say, bade the Libyans to make an Oracle of Ammon; and this also is of Zeus." (Herodotus, Kindle Locations 2723-2726)

, Herodotus parses it to mean that the "black doves" were really women from Thebes who were sold to slavery by Phoenicians - one into Libya, and the other into Hellas (the area that was previously called Pelasgia). They were both attendants of Zeus in Thebes so it was natural for them to setup oracles to Zeus at their new place or residence.

ancient-greece.org...

The Suppliant Maidens.

We [Dainades], the dark race sun-smitten, we 
Will speed with suppliant wands
To Zeus who rules below, with hospitable hands
Who welcomes all the dead from all the lands:
Yea, by our own hands strangled, we will go,
Spurned by Olympian gods, unto the gods below!

describing the girls brothers Aeschylus writes:

I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunic. 

www.ancient-literature.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Sapphire

hehe - it was ironic a few years ago when our Greek family found out about our minor Turkish heritage

Very nice. btw I'm resurrecting your thread so I can add two movies Eric Bana did a fabulous job in, smilies.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Great movies - BTW not my thread, cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join