It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Charlottesville/Unite the Right lawasuit that you might want to read...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Shortly after the horrible events in Charlottesville that killed one and injured so many, the internet erupted falsely identifying the driver of that car. Some claimed he was a neo nazi, others claimed he was an antifa.... in truth what he was was a few hundred miles away at his cousin's wedding. these false reports led to threats to the family in which, the police advised them that they should leave their home for their own safety.
well, the family is suing a whole mess of those who reported this false information, along with their personal information, addresses, ect. you can read about it here, the complaint is included in the story.

www.mlive.com...

regardless of weather or not the family wins this case, and I kind of hope they do, this seems to be one really big headache to have dropped on you and maybe something to think about in the future. mainstream media has the kind of big bucks that's hires good lawyers... they probably would shrug something like this as just the cost of doing business and being the first to break a story... but some of these people, I am pretty sure, don't have that kind of money...

oh, and ya, really there is two interesting lawsuits...
the second one just isn't as interesting to me...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 21-2-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What a tangled mess of garbage the news reporters have become. Don't bother to check facts first. That won't make you any money. It's all about getting that message, true or false, out there, then worry about the consequences later.

What's that saying? It's easier to beg for forgiveness after the fact than to ask for permission before acting.

You're right about the lawyers and money. They'll just make the lawsuits go away and the public will soon forget and go back to reading the faux news.

Here's hoping this lawsuit has a hugely negative impact on these idiots to the tune of loss of readership and ad sponsors. Doubt it happens, but one can dream.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't blame the anger after the falsely accused had to suffer from that. Such is why finding social media names, lic#'s, more, off the bad, especially if not heard over an official source, can be sketchy and very harmful.

Good luck finding the actual sources the news borrowed it fro, going after the publishers is all they have to act on. Referencing social media is not how you make an article, not that those who are sewing discord care.

ETA:

For the NN's suit, oh well not gonna be taken serious, then maybe they need to clean up their act then, after all they do advertise “Lügenpresse".

I wouldn't be surprised if they were controlled opposition, either way that mostly killed off honest support-not backed by them or the KKK-, marches, other for preserving the Confederate Flag- see Pensacola, Fl March.

edit on 21-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: ETA

join