It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer-fighting nanorobots programmed to seek and destroy tumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The age of nanotechnology is getting closer at hand:

"We have developed the first fully autonomous, DNA robotic system for a very precise drug design and targeted cancer therapy," said Hao Yan

asunow.asu.edu...

This is the way to fight tumors. Seek and destory:

With this type of technology you can have DNA targeted assassination nanorobots. Supposedly there are sequences within your DNA where if re-sequenced you could change your age. In four months after your cells divide you would be 20 years old again. Change the some of the facial feature genes and nobody will know you are some rich billionaire come back from the dead. Supposedly nanorobots can cleanup toxic waste sites too. Nanotechnology is great stuff. But as usual, mankind will use it to make the majority of people's lives miserable.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It is wonderful when I am reminded that part of the legacy of human beings will be one of always trying to help.

My hope is that we are remembered more for this part than any other.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There always seems a long and vast jump from animal experimentation to human successes. Let's hope the support for the continuation of this success to cancer victims is serious and successful and not caught up in US government snafus, holdups and pure mishandled incompetence. However, here's at least some hope to hold on to for us humans, not just the mice.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sounds great from destroying cancer to an augmented future of humanity. I take all sides into context such as align with the up on concern of what mankind can do if seeking the wrong power.

If the nanobots became their own entities. Will some of the bots remain, gain AI, replicate and or take over the body they were placed in to try to cure? Or some could just work with the body becoming a positive factor in future prevention of cancer.

top topics

join