It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point Break End Sequence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

awwww yes... today we revisit the 1991 classic Point Break.

Keanu Reeves acting is so corny in this film... just lol funny to me.

I couldn't even imagine his role being casted to someone else.

The corniness of Keanu Reeves mixed with the stellar performance of Patrick Swayze is what makes this a masterpiece.

The movie was so good that they even attempted a remake in 2015 (which I'm sure is horrible)

Lori Petty also had a good role... I always thought she was pretty sexy but that's just me.

and don't forget about Gary Busey... greatness.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What a classic. A movie you could watch and drown into it's plot/storyline easily. No need for million dollars worth of CGI. They just don't make them like that anymore.

And yes the 2015 is pretty bad, but it's fun to watch if you really liked the original.
edit on 12-2-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers is in the original as well.
Heres a clip with him.

The new one was a good remake.
Targets the same type of crowd as the original.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I need to get that T-Shirt

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

They just don't make them like that anymore.

No more 'good' bad guys, just victims that got in the way of the 'action'.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Love this movie. I still say this is one of the best action movies ever made. It has so much. Guns, fist fights, car chases (if you include the foot chase, probably one of the best on film), surfing, bank heists, skydiving, beach football (Utah is from my hometown of Columbus, OH and former Ohio State QB), and beautiful cinematography.

Utah! Get me two!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph

And yes the 2015 is pretty bad, but it's fun to watch if you really liked the original.

I actually like the 'remake', if viewed outside o the context of the original. Its one of the better 'remakes', although it like so many other should have just been called something else, shouldNT have used their original character names, etc. It was different enough why go and build into it a let down factor trying to live up to the original?? But Hollywood keeps doing that BS.
edit on 12-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is the problem with America. Movies glorifying making yourself shark fodder just to enjoy a wave.

Word to the wise. You can ride a wave in a river and not put yourself at the bottom rung of the food chain.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i just rewatched it recently and found it super enjoyable and compelling. I think as previous stated - no cgi or gigantic set pieces needed, just guns, chasin' and surfboards.

I also watched the original Predator recently and was totally in love with it all over again after all this CGI whackery.

For those liking macho action films I suggest Renegades, a new film about 5 Navy SEALs in Sarajevo circa 1995. It's got some great diving action scenes with some CGI (used when needed and well done!) and a better than average story. The action scenes were well done also.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Another great scene...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
one of my all time favorites. patrick swayze was the man back then.

kathryn bigelow knocked it out of the park with that one.

new topics

top topics

join