It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media prepping us for another Waco type scenario?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: 727Sky

It might be harder to pull off a Waco or a Ruby ridge type event today.

I wish I could agree. I think LaVoy Finicum's cold blooded slaughter and the continuing persecution of the Bundys et al says otherwise. I guess we won't know until all the legalities and court cases and appeals play out, but they are definitely still trying to get away with this same crap.

And they would too, if Americans tried to unify and resist the Oligarchy.

Besides Landgrab, Fracking, endless war and debt, crumbling infrastructure, jobs, poverty, crime, drugs, education, environmental pollution, Healthcare, etc, what we got to complain about?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Never mind. I was mistaken.
edit on 13-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't buy the idea that the "Powers that be" could withstand a national or global uprising. They wouldn't, even with every major military force behind them, have anywhere near enough manpower.Most likely what they would do, knowing that their "party" was over, would be initiate assured annihilation. Seriously, I think the top of the pecking order would rather everything be uninhabitable than to ever lose centuries of power and control.
edit on 14-2-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I don't buy the idea that the "Powers that be" could withstand a national or global uprising.

The fire that carried various movements in the 60s is gone out of America. I know, I was there, I see the difference between then and now.

Whatever the PTB are doing to everyone, its working.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well, I do think, unfortunately, that the peace movement pretty much died after they stopped drafting people. Now we're just viewed as a bunch of "Utopian 'nuts' hoping for a world that isn't anywhere near rationally possible."

However, I don't know if the dissenters revolution is anywhere near "dead."

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Well, I do think, unfortunately, that the peace movement pretty much died after they stopped drafting people. Now we're just viewed as a bunch of "Utopian 'nuts' hoping for a world that isn't anywhere near rationally possible."

However, I don't know if the dissenters revolution is anywhere near "dead."

The 60s were an age of activism, people got up went to demonstrations, sit ins, protests, marches.

The last couple of times that happened was Occupy, BLM and Ferguson. We saw what happened in Ferguson. Thats what killed the 'demonstration'. The gubment has made organized protest illegal; infiltrates, disrupts and squashes it thru brutal police actions and tactics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join