It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Bank Robber on Incarceration and Criminal Justice Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What an amazing interview with the law professor from Georgetown Law.

This guy really fricken nails it. I mean wow.... as someone with experience in the criminal justice system from younger years I resonate with this interview tremendously. Also I have incredible respect for what this guy has achieved.

Georgetown.edu

Shon Hopwood's unusual legal journey began prior to him attending law school and included the U.S. Supreme Court granting two petitions for certiorari he prepared. Shon's research and teaching interests include criminal law and procedure, civil rights, and the constitutional rights of prisoners. He received a J.D. as a Gates Public Service Law Scholar from the University of Washington School of Law. He served as a law clerk for Judge Janice Rogers Brown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. And his legal scholarship has been published in the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties, Fordham, and Washington Law Reviews, as well as the American Criminal Law Review and Georgetown Law Journal's Annual Review of Criminal Procedure.

From bank robber to 11 years in federal prison to Law professor. Amazing.

He breaks down how the criminal justice system is totally broken. The problem with mandatory minumum sentencing, back ground check tyranny and other issues with our criminal justice system.
edit on 9-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Another Judge Matthis, how about that!

The justice system is broken because it’s set up to make money off of criminals and the free labor it provides.

Until those issues are addressed (like the guy in the video explains), then it will remain broken.

“Justice for some, profit for the rest.”

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This system is broken because it's not setup correctly to avoid from bank robbers and I prefer to make the secure system for all nation for save all. Thanks.

join