It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to talk to Mueller despite lawyer concerns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I trust him completely.

I still think it is a mistake to put yourself in legal jeopardy you'd otherwise not face, simply to placate a section of the population that is convinced of his guilt, and will not change that opinion regardless of what he says.

Trust him entirely, in fact. Still don't see a need to take a risk where none needs to be taken.

That said, as I said in the OP, I applaud his transparency and commitment to his ideals if he does indeed decide to voluntarily sit/not exercise his right to remain silent.

Historically speaking, waiving your Constitutional rights never ends well. The government will abuse whatever it can abuse, wherever it can abuse it. The Constitution is the only safeguard preventing our out of control system from allocating to itself a totalitarian monopoly on "justice."

Those interested should compare "justice" at the founding of our nation to what it is today.

The founders would not approve. Trump is working to restore the government to a Constitutionally permissible state, and those "resisting" this return are on the wrong side of history IMHO.
edit on 2/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, if this is all a big witch hunt, fake news, etc., perpetrated by all those deep-state liberals in the F.B.I. and such, he shouldn't have a problem sitting down and talking to Mueller and team.

His lawyers seem to be pretty concerned that his penchant for exaggeration, hyperbole, etc. could lead to trouble with Mueller's murderer's row of prosecutors. But hey, if he's the "stable genius" he claims to be, he should have no issues telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Right?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He wants to walk in... casually sit down and tell Mueller..."You're Fired!" Hand motions to Secret Service to apply free Bracelets and vacation to Cuba... #waterboardinginguantonimobay

originally posted by: JBurns
www.msn.com...

President Donald Trump's lawyers have aimed to hit the brakes on a potential sit-down with Robert Mueller, but Trump remains eager to speak with the special counsel, according to his allies.

One person familiar with Trump's thinking said -- in addition to believing he is entirely innocent -- part of what's fueling the President's willingness to participate is his belief that he has experience with lawsuits and testifying under oath from his time in the real estate business.
"He thinks he can work this," this person said. "He doesn't realize how high the stakes are."

Once you're there, there's no turning back, this person said. "You can't get up and walk away. It's not that easy."

"He's basically saying that I'm wide open as a book. I've done absolutely nothing wrong and I'm willing to say so under oath," former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told CNN's Jake Tapper Tuesday. "So again, I still think that that is on the table."

Convinced in his own innocence, according to this article Trump wishes to speak with Mueller despite his lawyers advice. I am unsure if he realizes how big of a mistake this is, given the seemingly very weak case against him.

Regardless, if this report is accurate I truly applaud the President's transparency.
I still believe this is a huge mistake.

<< 1   >>

join