It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow tumbles 1000 points as global stock market sell-off continues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

I've sold all my stock, cashed in my 403b, 401k, IRA's, shaved my head, and have drained my fishpond and filled it with bourbon.

But I'm not panicking just yet.

DB - I'm dying.. laughing..

So, what is your panic model look like?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

I've sold all my stock, cashed in my 403b, 401k, IRA's, shaved my head, and have drained my fishpond and filled it with bourbon.

But I'm not panicking just yet.

DB - I'm dying.. laughing..

So, what is your panic model look like?

About the same, but with pants-soiling and hookers.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't know about other countries but in America it is being seen as a healthy correction.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't think we see the real show until China starts selling their yuan backed future's oil contracts convertible to gold bullion. That's when the paradigm since 1971 really changes

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Remember when Trump was campaigning , "The stock market is a big fat bubble" LOL.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is no such thing as a healthy correction when everything is fake. Our markets are completely fake, have been since at least 2009, probably all the way back to 1995 when banks first started securitizing their debt so they could pyramid it into even more loans/credit/debt.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
#ReleaseTheMemo #SufferTheConsequences

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I don't know about other countries but in America it is being seen as a healthy correction.

Points don't really mean much, percentage does.

5% in a day is bad but the world isn't coming to an end. Now, if it starts losing 5% every day we've got a situation.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Quite correct but why would you invest in the stock market , when the real state of the economy is stuffed. After you have taken your profits after the bubble pops where are you going to put your money?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sorry guys, guess I have a bit of a funny bone today.

Points don't really mean much

The stock market. Where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Quite correct but why would you invest in the stock market , when the real state of the economy is stuffed. After you have taken your profits after the bubble pops where are you going to put your money?

Even in a down market, some sectors will rise.

Also, the goal is to pay less today than you'll sell for tomorrow. If you're selling in a decade, it can still make sense to invest in a market going down. Trying to pinpoint the exact market low is a recipe for failure.
edit on 5-2-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The whole thing is beyond stupid pinning the worlds economy on a system that can just up and fall apart or even can just drop by 1000S a day lousing millions in mints that has NOTHING to do with the real worlds economy .
The gas you bought today will be the gas you buy tomorrow the food the power the water the job cooking cleaning taking off the trash dont go away because the market crashes .

The crash of 19289 showed us exactly what happens people change back to barter system wile you may not have cash you can still have food and water and a place to live all the rest is just trimmings .
You may pine over your phone or cable or power but only the truly stupid Or the city poodles will have any real problems .
You know humans lived for 100,000 s of thousands of years without the stock market or banks or gas or power .

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
You may pine over your phone or cable or power but only the truly stupid Or the city poodles will have any real problems .
You know humans lived for 100,000 s of thousands of years without the stock market or banks or gas or power .

And what happened to productivity and quality of life once we had an organized financial system?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
US market crash on Monday Feb. 5th! Well it fits perfectly in the new EU strategy of sabotaging the US recovery with the pretext of simply being anti-Trump. Of course Trump or non-Trump, this is is not a partisan attack. This is an all-out economic warfare declared by the EU against the US, in many ways similar to the same that happened in 2008/2009 which brought the so-called "great recession" or the 2009 financial crisis, from which the west hasn't fully recovered yet, in particular the EU.

The stock market drop per-se was a combination of psychological effects created by the central banks and the FED, but most of all, by EU cyber attacks against the NYSE
edit on 7-2-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join