It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian mafia becomes legal worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Criminal leaders try to stay away from their environment to be able to legalize their businesses

"Corruption and bribery were growing in Russia in 2004," Nikolai Ovchinnikov, the chairman of the department for struggle with organized crime and terrorism of the Russian Internal Affairs Ministry told reporters at a press conference in Moscow today. Russian criminal groups, of which there are about a hundred, strive to expand their influence both inside and outside Russia.

some numbers for you according to Nikolai Ovchinnikov:
-there are about 200 "legal criminals" on the territory of the Russia
-there are about 100 criminal communities in Russia
-they incorporate about 4,000 people, who make the core
-70 criminal structures conduct their criminal activities in the economic field
-russian law-enforcement officers revealed 2706 facts of corruption in 2004

isnt that great!?
so if you are looking for a war criminal,
like serbian general mladic or radovan karadzic,
they are probably hiding in russia.
maybe osama is also hiding in there,
since there is alot of place for everyone.

source:
english.pravda.ru

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Red Mafia is a major power in Russia at present. The fall of the USSR was a perfect breeding ground for them. They are also very smart I would say as of now they are the most powerful criminal org. on the planet.

JAK

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is a widely held view amongst the Russian people that Putin is doing a good job in attempting to clean up all the corruption over there.

All the people who entered when the Soviet block collapsed with the expressed intent of making a financial killing through bribery and corruption are now being sought out.

Not only did Russia write off Iraqs debt in November of last year and

Source
    ...ranks third among countries, which write off debts of other states.
but also:The final payment was due to be made in 2008.

Source
MOSCOW. Feb 1 (Interfax) - Russia paid back $3.3 billion of its debts to the International Monetary Fund ahead of schedule on January 31, Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin told a Tuesday news conference.

Kudrin said paying Russia's IMF debt ahead of time will help save $204 million in interest.

"Beginning from 2005, this money will be used for other purposes," the minister said.

Russia was to repay its debt to the IMF in 2008. The money that the IMF has received from Russia ahead of the time may be used to aid other countries, Kudrin said.

Jack

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's funny on how they are all jews, here a jewish Schollar who actually addmittes they are www.jewishtribalreview.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The Red Mafia is a major power in Russia at present. The fall of the USSR was a perfect breeding ground for them. They are also very smart I would say as of now they are the most powerful criminal org. on the planet.

you got that right.
wouldnt want to mess with russian mafia.
most of them are ex-military, or ex-police special forces.
similar to serbian mafia, that assassianted prime minister laster years,
which was the start of a big police operation to "cut the head off the chicken" of serbian mafia.
maybe russians need to do that too, before its too late.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So where do you think they are looking to expand their influence outside Russia. They already seem to have quite a good foot hold in the West coast of the US. They are also on the East coast but I would say they have a stronger presence on the west. I think this might be due to the Italian Mafia on the east coast which is a pale shadow of its former self but still might prevent the Red Mafia from taking more power there.

How is the Red Mafia in west Europe, have they expanded any power their yet?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
isnt that great!?
so if you are looking for a war criminal,
like serbian general mladic or radovan karadzic,
they are probably hiding in russia.
maybe osama is also hiding in there,
since there is alot of place for everyone.

I want all those guys excecuted for war crimes and crimes against humanity. And i hate the death penalty

I guess im a hypocrit

JAK

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Itar-Tass are reporting on the increasing success in Russia's fight against crime and corruption.

General crime level in Moscow down first time in years

MOSCOW, February 16 (Itar-Tass) -- Pre-emptive measures have reduced the general crime rate in Moscow for the first time over years, Moscow’s Prosecutor Anatoly Zuyev said at the enlarged session of the city prosecutor’s office collegium on Wednesday.

Two managers of oil companies arrested, charged with theft

16.02.2005, 13.04

MOSCOW, February 16 (Itar-Tass) -- The general directors of the Khanty-Mansi Oil Company and the Nazym Oil Exploration Company have been arrested, Interior Minister Rashid Nurgaliyev said at an enlarged session of the ministry’s collegium on Wednesday.

Both men are charged with “embezzlement of one and a half billion rubles, disbursed from the budget for the reserve base rehabilitation.”

As I said previously I know that many ordinary Russian people are pleased at the direction in which Putin is attempting to steer the country but there is much left to do, it would appear that the only ones unhappy are criminals.

A good friend who's wife originates from about 60 miles south of Moscow has just returned from a visit out there. The most surprising occurance in his trip was hearing the message that is going around at the moment that England is the home of terror. This is the situation for two main reasons;

Firstly the percieved protection that russian terrorists such as Berezovsky are recieving in Britain when many in Russia are suspicious of his relationship with Chechnyan terrorists:

www.mosnews.com...

Berezovsky Claims Chechen Rebels Have A-bomb

Berezovsky is convinced that Vladimir Putin should accept the invitation of the separatist leaders and launch peace talks with them. “Or else, he will have to face the Hague tribunal, along with Milosevic,” Berezovsky said.

www.parliament.uk...

In its issue of 30 December 1996 Forbes described the two men as "criminals on an outrageous scale". On the contents page Mr. Berezovsky was introduced as follows:

"Is he the Godfather of the Kremlin? Power, Politics, Murder. Boris Berezovsky can teach the guys in Sicily a thing or two."

The flavour of the article, which together with a prominent photograph of Mr. Berezovsky was spread over seven pages, is captured by an editorial published by Mr. James W. Michaels, the editor of Forbes. It states:

". . . this is the true story of the brilliant, unscrupulous Boris Berezovsky, a close associate of President Boris Yeltsin and a man who parlayed an auto dealership into Russia's most formidable business empire. Berezovsky stands tall as one of the most powerful men in Russia. Behind him lies a trail of corpses, uncollectible debts and competitors terrified for their lives.

Secondly a lot of the Chechnyan muslims terrorists are believed as being trained here prior to leaving for Chechnya.

Personal Correspondence

"I was suprised by the amount of people telling me that the terrorists all come from britain. also they say thats why there is no terrorism (Islamic) in Britain....we let them stay here & they protect us in return."

As if in support of this suggestion, while my friend was visiting the FSB called to speak to his wife's family because the visa he was using was a personal, not a tourist one and that they did not believe that he was there 'because of marriage alone'. Such is the strength of suspicion that at one point concern was expressed by his in-laws over the possibility of the telephone being tapped. Even through this though, the resolve of Putin to cleanse Russia of the no doubt numerous, headline making criminal elements and terrorists can be seen.

Jack

new topics

top topics

join